A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, October 26, 2018

What I Wore to Work This Week (Friday 5!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Hey all! I am linking up with Fairytales and Fitness for Friday 5 2.0!

Today I Have the 5 outfits I wore to work this week! These posts are always fun and I hope you enjoy seeing me out of my running clothes for once!

Maybe next week I will do a "What I wore AFTER work" post... I feel like that would get some laughs!!!


~ Monday~ 

Today I wore basically what I wore to Andrea's baby shower the day before but with more work appropriate pants.


This sweater is from a thrift store! Thrift stores are the best places to get sweaters because you can get them for like $5!

You can appreciate the colors better in this pic:


The pants were a steal from JCP a couple weeks ago- $14.99. They are St. Johns Bay brand. They are stretchy and feel like leggings, but they have pockets on the back so they look like dress pants. They are basically leggings that you don't have to worry too much about how long your shirt is when you wear them.

Then of course I gotta have the bling!


Excuse my bad complexion... I am phasing out makeup at work! The kids don't care.

I splurged on these cool booties from TJ Maxx last year. I'm so glad I bought them because they're perfect for September-November.


~ Tuesday~ 

I was super comfy today! It's almost a crime to be able to wear leggings and a baggy sweater and still look professional! These are different leggings from yesterday. They're the basic cotton kind that leave little to the imagination and require a shirt that covers the bum and crotch.


A better picture for color:


Minimal jewelry, just some chunky earrings.

Look at the lines on my forehead. That's what I get for being so freaking EXPRESSIVE all day long.

I love these boots I got at Target several years ago! I won a 5k and the prize was a $20 Target gift card, so they were nearly free!


You never know what may be under my boots...



~ Wednesday~ 

Today was all about comfort. I wanted to wear my sneakers. Luckily, I think I found a way to wear sneakers and still look professional!




And of course some statement jewelry...

A kindergartener told me she liked my necklace.
Of course she does.



~ Thursday~ 

Today, I broke out a dress with a really busy pattern. I always feel like I'm going on a safari in this outfit.



Paul said, "That's a CHUNKY necklace." Indeed!

Same gold bling I always wear!

Same shoes from Monday


Thursday after work!

Since I didn't have time to put on my Friday work clothes and take pictures, I will show you what I wore to my hair appointment after work! Yeah, I had to get the haircut from hell fixed...


Super athleisure. And I put on make up for the first time in a week! I feel better at hair appointments when I have make up on.



Oh, here is my fixed up hair do!
It's a little short but I wanted it that way. I want it to last for a month at least!


HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is your favorite look on me?
What look are you most likely to wear?

28 comments:

  1. Super cute outfits! People are always so surprised that I work from home but still dress for work. I mostly wear jeans or outfits similar to what you wear to work. I just feel so much better if I am up and dressed -- plus I can leave the house and not have to change. By 4 or 5 pm, however, I am in my comfy clothes for the night!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always get dressed first thing in the morning too even though I work from home. I went through a phase where I wore running clothes all day because let's face it they are the most comfortable clothes, but that wore off quickly. I feel like I'm more productive when I am in real clothes! Although I do wear shorts and a t-shirt most days, I could never work in my pajamas!

      Delete
    2. I always think I could totally work in my pjs, but who knows!? I would definitely want to shower and put on CLEAN pjs, not the ones I just slept in. But again, who knows.

      Delete
  2. I like the safari dress!
    I'm glad you showed close up pics of the leggings because I did not know they were fun colors. I thought they were black! I gave to really plan my outfits to avoid wearing so much black all the time..haha.
    So far I've been able to wear most of my dresses to school but i think next week I'll be able to break out the leggings and sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my lighting/phone camera sometimes dull the colors unless I do a closeup.

      Delete
    2. Well I admit I first read this post in the dark! When I read it again in the light the colors actually showed up better. My fault!

      Delete
  3. So many cute boot and shoes! I am ready to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a fashion guy but I love the socks. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! A colleague stuck them in my mailbox at work as a little surprise. :) They make me smile, especially when I wear them with an outfit they totally don't go with, but you can't tell because they are under boots.

      Delete
  5. I love the safari outfit, very pretty! How are you liking the no makeup at work thing? I used to think i couldn't leave the house without makeup on but now I feel so free without it! When I sweat ... because it's still 90 degrees here... and I want to wipe my forehead I don't have to worry about ruining my makeup. It's incredible haha!

    Seeing all of your put together outfits (almost) made me miss going to an office a little bit. I haven't worn most of my work clothes in over six months now! :-O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying no makeup at work. I do wear it some days. This was just an odd week where I didn't wear it at all. I am mostly glad that I now feel comfortable whether I decide to wear it or not. I never thought I would get to this place!

      After being off all summer, I get excited to wear "real" clothes again at work. Do you have to wear work clothes for meetings or can you be casual?

      Delete
  6. You have some great accessories and jewelry! I could be better with that for sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like accessorizing but only with costume jewelry. I don't want anything expensive because I'm scared I'll lose it.

      Delete
  7. I'm loving the sweater that you picked up at the thrift store! That reminds me that I should shop at thrift stores more often. ?You never know what treasure you'll find!

    I also love your feminist ring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Yes Thrift stores can be fun if you are in the mood to just browse and see what turns up. :)

      Delete
  8. The boots with the open toe are so cute! I feel like my feet would get cold though. I am always wearing socks around the house and my family is barefoot. brrr! Glad you got your hair fixed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My feet don't get cold at school but I would def get cold outside or if I was somewhere with A/C. I am barefoot at home in the summer but right now it' cozy socks!

      Delete
  9. I love your work outfits! I think if I was a teacher I'd have to wear sneakers because of standing all day. Working from home, I pretty much wear khaki shorts and a t-shirt every single day, but I do like to dress up occasionally. I don't really wear a lot of makeup at all anywhere though because I'm just not good with it and don't own a whole of it. Makeup's just not my thing really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I don't know how to do makeup. I'm scared it's all wrong! I wish someone would show me how to do it well.

      Delete
  10. Love those open-toed boots! So cool! I stopped wearing make up to school too. I figured if men don't need to, I don't either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute outfits!!! I totally love those booties! Adorable and versatile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love them. Definitely a "want" vs a need.

      Delete
  12. Cute outfits! I love being able to wear leggings that look like real pants. I have a pair that I wear all the time and like yours they have pockets so they dont necessarily look like leggings. Some days I just don't want to wear real clothes to go to work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoever invented leggings that look like real pants should be a billionaire! The pockets and the thickness of the pants just take them to a whole new level.

      Delete
  13. Very cute looks! Love the comfort of leggings when it's cool out. This reminds me to wear my jewelry!

    ReplyDelete