A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Happy Monday!
I start teaching instrument lessons this week.
Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update: Yesterday I had two clarinets. It went well.
This morning I have NINE SAXOPHONES!!!! All. at. one. time.

I woke up at 5:15 and started my PT exercises so I could get out on the road for a 6 miler. Christmas was being dramatic and eating debris from his scratch pad and little bits and pieces of yarn off his cat condo. That's when I realized I forgot to give the cats one of their middle of the night feedings (yes, I said one of their middle of the night feedings). Does anyone else's pets resort to eating non food items when they are hungry? (Not starving, just hungry!)

When I got to school, I discovered someone had put the compliment notebook in my mailbox. I got a nice compliment from my friend Katrina!



I wrote a compliment to another colleague and sent the happy notebook on it's way. What a great way to start a Friday!

Instrument lessons start Monday so The Horn Hospital delivered many of my students' instruments today.


It was a pretty good day. My lessons went well and the kids had fun. I even got to cut some lamination!


This is my post kindergarten face.
120 minutes of kindergarten music... How do kindergarten teachers do it all day long!?

If you ever want to see what goes on in our music room, you can "like" us on Facebook. My page is called EP Music Kids. Lots of pics and videos!

When I got home, I saw Amazon had delivered some goodies for me!

In the top left corner is a setting powder I am trying. The bottom left corner is my hair glue. The miracle blur cream was recommended to me by a friend. It was super expensive... I hope it works!


Can you believe there are some Wysocki puzzles I haven't done!?

That evening, I had a HOT dinner date at Hellenic Kouzina with my friend Molly. We enjoyed gyros and wine and just jibber jabbered the night away. Of course I forgot to take a picture! Teacher friends, check out her blog for great lesson plan ideas. She just wrote a post about how to effectively help students to follow directions!
I slept until the nine o'clock hour and it was glorious. The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was Jelly. People without pets: How do you do it!? Do you not know how lovely it is to wake up and see another little fur ball slumbering next to you!?

I spent the morning relaxing and finally watching the season premiere of Survivor with Paul. It was really good! Anyone else watching?

By the way... if there's anyone who knows how to relax in the morning, it's a cat!


Then we headed to Swatara State Park for a hike/run. Sometimes when Paul and I go for a hike, I run part of it and hike part with him. I did run a little bit today but I mainly stuck with Paul. We haven't seen much of each other in the past couple weeks so we needed some time together to reconnect. I'm sure all you married folks understand! We did 7.5 miles total and it was the PERFECT weather.



On the way home, we stopped at J&P Winery for a tasting. They specialize in very sweet wines. We bought two bottles to take home.



I had the most unhealthy lunch... popcorn and fried Chinese noodles! I love those things! Do you!?

That evening was just spent chilling and then having dinner. Pickings were slim...

I do not recommend pepperoni on a salad. Pepperoni on it's own, sure. But not on a salad.

I spent the whole day tracking my brother Tyler and my friend Barb's sister and BIL, who were all running Ironman Maryland. It was such an exciting day and they all finished STRONG!!!!! (This is Chrissy and I watching the finish line camera.)


This morning, I met Allison for a 10 miler around Pinchot Lake. This was her last training run before the Blues Cruise 50k. She is going to crush it because she is a strong runner and she is so well trained! Pinchot was very wet and muddy...

Sunrise over Pinchot Lake

Then I headed to my friend Karen's house, who is the music teacher at the other elementary school in my district. Our friend Cat, who teaches band and orchestra at a neighboring district also came. She gave us all of her words of wisdom and advised us on our band program. I love my friends!


Karen's dog, Holden!!!!

When I got home, I went into full crafting mode... I got Ellie's birthday present ready and I got some decorations ready to put on Tyler's front porch to celebrate the completion of his Ironman!


How was your weekend?
Are there any wrinkle creams you swear by?
Do you like pepperoni?

8 comments:

  1. I am surprised you didn't go to the iron man to watch.i bet that was super exciting. Did your parents go?

    When I drove through Harrisburg on Sunday there were a ton of people running by the water. If they all would have been going the same direction I would have thought it was a race..haha

    As you know I am loving .y face products. However the make up artist told me that I should not be using the finishing powder I have. I needed one that I was a " hydrating" powder. I think my powder is fine and I already use a moisturizer. She probably just wanted me to spend $36 on her brand of powder instead...haha. or maybe not. Perhaps i will get so many wrinkles in the coming years because my face will be drying out due to my powder..haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In hindsight, I really wished I had made plans to go, but when I woke up Sat. morning and regretted it, it was too late.

      Sat was a beautiful day so it doesn't surprise me so many people were out running on the riverfront. I bet you saw a lot of dogs too!

      Delete
  2. Cats are sweet and lovely to wake up to except for when they plot to kill you. A couple nights ago Cecil was trying to wake me up for his middle of the night feeding and I just didn't feel like getting up so I put the comforter over my head to block out his meows THEN HE LAID DOWN ON MY HEAD AND TRIED TO SUFFOCATE ME UNDER THE COMFORTER. Then I got up and fed him. Cats, man.

    I totally get the need to reconnect sometimes. That's why Adam and I have started doing date nights on Saturdays where we go out to dinner! We usually are together on Saturday nights anyways, but at home you're distracted by the TV, internet, etc. but when you're out to dinner you just focus on the conversation you're having with the other person which is nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I thought Cecil was an innocent baby, but at this point, he's more dangerous than your SO!

      Delete
  3. I am sad I no longer have sweet Macy to see first thing into the morning! What a nice hike you guys had! Perfect. We had a fun weekend. Saw "A Simple Favor" -- wow...so twisted but we loved it! I do like pepperoni -- actually I love it. I use coconut oil on my face at night. For day I use a very light day cream by CeraVe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked A Simple Favor. I think Blake Lively is so beautiful. I hope someday you have another furry baby!

      Delete
  4. Oh my, your kitties are bossy!! They wake you up more than once? Ugh. My cat was dragging the fake spider webs all around the house last night from my Halloween decorations box. I have no idea how cats can figure out what is in a box.. or sitting on my counter. They have super powers!
    Yes of course on Survivor... but I still have 20+ episodes of Big Brother to watch! Should I just watch the last 4 and cut my losses now??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you are enjoying BB you should definitely keep watching it!

      Delete