A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, October 21, 2018

The haircut from hell...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
I want to tell you why you should NEVER go to Holiday Hair in the Capital City Mall. Yes, this is the same place where they burned my lip with wax. Why did I go back? Well, I had been there many times and only got burned by that one person. When I went back to tell the manager I was unhappy, she gave me my money back. Plus, I really needed a haircut. My SIL has been cutting my hair but I know she is busy right now and I didn't want to bother her.

Here is my experience... Copy pasted nearly directly from my Yelp review and my message to the salon manager. I changed the stylist's name, but if you want to know her real name, pm me and I will let you know so you can avoid her at all costs.

Here we go.

I received very unprofessional service from my stylist, J. My appointment was at 4:00pm but she was working with another client and I wasn't seen until 4:20pm. Because of the delay, I opted to skip the eyebrow waxing and only get my haircut. (I was on a tight schedule to get home.) When sat me down at the shampoo area and asked what I was getting that day, I told her of my choice to skip the eyebrow waxing because I was on a time crunch. This clearly annoyed her and she ordered me to sit back for my shampoo. 

gave me the fastest shampoo ever. She was borderline rough and she splashed water on my face. I was questioning whether I should say something because I felt weird about it but I did not say anything. She took me over for my haircut and was very short with me. I was trying to describe what I wanted and when I asked her questions, she would give one word answers. I felt uncomfortable because I am normally one who wants some guidance from my stylist. But J was not in the mood to talk or be helpful. Here's an example of one of our conversations.

"I think I have had stylists texturize my hair, where the top is several different lengths. I don't know if I'm using the right word." I said.

"It doesn't matter if you're using the right word," J snapped.

"Okay, well do you know what I mean?" I asked.

She ignored me and started cutting. 

began to cut my hair frantically. There is no other way to describe it. I wanted to leave, but then I would have a half done haircut. It was the most uncomfortable experience I ever had at a salon. I was scared of what my hair would look like because she was cutting so fast. A fellow stylist could tell was annoyed because when she passed by she said, "Love you Janet" and Janet replied, "Love you too." It was so passive aggressive. 

Oh, she also caught my cartilage earring in her scissors because she was cutting too fast.

I would describe my cut as "okay", mainly because would not communicate with me and help me get my desired look. She was also cutting so fast and didn't even show me the back of my hair.

It was the ODDEST experience of my life. I don't know why she was so angry with me for not wanting my eyebrows waxed. As soon as I mentioned I was pressed for time, she was angry.

And no, she never apologized for seeing me 20 minutes late for my appointment.
I'm mad at myself for not leaving, but I was scared to have a half done haircut!

What would you have done?

Is there anywhere else I should post my review?

7 comments:

  1. Wow !! That sounds really unprofessional of the hairstylist. It really sucks that she had to take out her frustrations on you! Is this the same place where you had gone before ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been there a couple times, never use the same person.

      Delete
  2. Ugh. Brings back memories of my bad hair coloring experience!! I still haven't been back to a salon since then! Probably time for me to go in and fess up to my lady what happened at "the other place". I understand your situation though - what do you do?? Awkward to say something to a person who is holding scissors at your hair. yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I am sorry that happened to you. I don't know if I would have had the courage to say something. I hope you didn't tip her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent .. Amazing .. I’ll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also…I’m happy to find so many useful info here in the post, we need work out more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. beard trim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. beard trim salt lake city

    ReplyDelete