A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, October 6, 2018

Weekly Workouts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hey all. It was a busy week that included LOTS of PT exercises...

Saturday- 7.5 mile hike/run @ Swatara... but mostly hike. The weather was gorgeous, so Paul and I hiked the mountain bike trails. (Runners/hikers are allowed.) If you live in Central PA and you haven't checked out Swatara, you gotta go! They have a rail trail and the AT goes through the park as well. Lots of variety! My back hurt during the hike, unfortunately.



Sunday- 10 Miles at Pinchot Park with Allison. It was her last "long" training run for the Blues Cruise 50k next week. We ran the Lakeside Trail plus some. It was muddy and wet. We hope her shoes dry out before the weekend! My back was pretty tight after this run, but the stretching my PT gave me makes the tightness go away soon after.


Monday- 3 miles and a deck of cards in my carport. I could have lifted at the gym but I wanted to stay home. Luckily, I did lots of push ups during my workout, so that counts as lifting! (In my opinion, anyway!) My back got sore and my left leg felt all jacked up during my run. Ugh. All the wonkiness went away as the day went on. I went to PT after school and learned a lot more about how I can get my body back in working order. It as so informative, and so far, it's TOTALLY worth the time and the $30 copay.

Tuesday- Lifting at the gym and a TON of new PT exercises. 



Wednesday- 5 morning miles. I'm supposed to stop and bend over 30 times during my run. This helps my back. I did it before, twice during, and once after my run. It made my back not get too tight at all. After work I had PT, and again I learned so many informative things. And this PT... he is with me the whole time! Now, I've only had an evaluation and two sessions, but I feel like at any other PT I would have been pawned off on a tech by now. Honestly, I need the PT there to make sure I am doing the exercises correctly. I have a lot going on...

Thursday- 5 neighborhood miles. I stretched my back twice during the my run but it was preventative. Guys, I love my morning runs. I love the 45 minutes I get to be outside, alone with my thoughts.



Friday- Lifting at PF. My back felt good today!




How were your workouts this week?

5 comments:

  1. Again, I am so happy this PT thing is worth your whole! Stopping and bending over 30 times during a run seems a little much. How do you plan to incorporate that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should be "worth your while". (Stupid autocorrect)

      Delete
    2. I just stop and bend over! I don't have to stop 30 times, I stop once and bend over 30 times, or sometimes I stop twice and bend over 30 times each time. Does that make sense?

      Delete
  2. Nice workouts and so happy the PT is helping you! I would love a vlog of your exercises like you did last time! Only if you want to :) My workouts were typical: 3 runs, 3 cycling, 1 swim, lifted 4x. It was only 39 degrees on my run today. Ugh, not ready for this, Megan. But here we go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure I could do a vlog! 39 degrees omgggggg!!!! It's coming! I'm actually excited for fall weather cause I want to wear my cute fall outfits. :)

      Delete