A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Soooo.... What's up, readers!!!???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Because I have no time to blog, I have been resorting to just doing "on the fly" posts. That's how it has to be right now! I sort of feel like it's cheating to just write down my feelings for the day. But on the other hand, I feel like I am more connected with my readers when I just do a check in and a "Hey, what's up!?" post.

Soooo.... What's up, readers!!!???

A couple random things about this week...

Band lessons have started. There's so much preparation and so much to think about. When Jelly wakes me up in the middle of the night, I try to will myself to fall back asleep. But of course, it is hard, because all I do is think about band. At 2:00am in the morning, I am thinking about ELEMENTARY BAND!!!! "Don't think about band, don't think about band," I tell myself as I try to fall back asleep.

Question: Tell me what part of work you think about when you are trying to fall asleep at night.

Even though I have invested in some quality foundation, primer, and setting powder, I have been phasing out makeup at work! Some days, I wear zero makeup. Some days, I practice my skills and do the whole primer and foundation process. For as long as I can remember, I have felt very self conscious about not wearing makeup because I don't have the clearest skin. So the biggest thing I am proud about is that I can now go to work with ZERO MAKEUP and not feel weird about it. Guys, this is AMAZING!!!!! I am really enjoying deciding if I wear makeup to work and how much.

Question: Do you ever feel self conscious without makeup or do you feel comfortable having your bare face exposed?

What's up with you!? Tell me what's going on...

11 comments:

  1. I deal with those midnight thoughts when I'm busy at work! I stress about meetings, or about what questions some other team might ask me and how much work it will entail to answer the (so far imaginary) questions. Sometimes I have to just get up and journal to get the thoughts out.

    I don't really wear any makeup unless I'm having a particularly bad breakout, or if I'm going somewhere extra special like a wedding. Thankfully both of those occasions are rare. My one thing USED to be to at least make sure I curl my eyelashes because I do feel that brightens me up a lot, but even that stopped happening at some point and time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your middle of the night thoughts follow the same process of mine... trying to prepare for the "what if" and things that didn't even happen yet!

      I agree that eyelashes can make someone's eyes really pop. Even if they don't have make up on, a little mascara can help. And then at least it's not like there's not a lot of gunk on your actual face.

      Delete
  2. Do you feel uncomfortable wearing make up? Or is it that you would rather spend your time doing something else other than doing make up in the morning? I definitely think it is ones prerogative to wear or not wear. You are definitely beautiful without it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would rather spend my morning time doing other things and I like giving my face room to breath. I today I wore it because I felt like it. But like yesterday I had no desire. I am just happy to be at a point where my confidence level will let me wear it/not wear it depending on my mood for the day.

      Delete
  3. I don't really think about work but I will wake up and think about really random things and sometimes I get songs in my head and I am like "STOP". Ugh. Happened last night; I laid in bed awake from 11-12:30 am. Sigh. I do not like being without my makeup "in real life". If I am working out, then no make up. Else I have it on and I can put it on quickly so that is a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you were awake for you long. That's the worst, isn't it? I always see you in makeup in your facebook pictures. Do you wear makeup when going to the grocery store, running errands, massage, etc?

      Delete
    2. Since I wake up and workout early, yes, I always have make up on for the rest of the day. Even though I work from home, I still get totally ready for the day. Hair done, make up on, dressed (no PJ's LOL). By 4 pm most days, however, I am make up off, comfy clothes on and ready to be lazy!

      Delete
  4. So for "no makeup", do you still wear mascara? My eyes look asleep without mascara so other than my morning running, I wear mascara. Those sad little blond eyelashes need some help! That band schedule has you so busy. Do the kids always only get 20 mins? Is that every day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I do no make up it is literally no make up. But remember, I am with CHILDREN all day. They do not care, nor do they notice!

      This year they only get 20 min once a week. :( The MS band teacher used to come down and give 40 min lessons but she's too busy. So I am basically doing my job plus a half time position. It is bad.

      Delete
    2. I agree - 20 mins is barely any time to learn, but anything they learn is something, so just think of that :) Ha, my husband doesn't even notice when I don't have makeup on... surprising, because it's SUPER obvious!!

      Delete
    3. I think it's a guy thing! Paul doesn't notice all the time either but like you, it is very obvious!

      Delete