This post is inspired by Nicole McDermott's piece, 20 Unfortunate But Unavoidable Side Effects of Exercise. Go read it!
Unfortunate Side Effects of Exercise
We all know exercise is a good thing, and there are so many wonderful benefits of getting your sweat on. But what about the bad stuff? And the gross stuff? If you are sensing another post dripping in TMI, you are right! But don't worry, it won't all be about pooping.
Here are some of my personal unfortunate side effects of exercise. Some are listed in Nicole's piece and some are personal things I have come across!
1. Tons of laundry. Yep. And gross laundry! Summer is not so bad. An extra pair of shorts and sports bra each day and that's it. But in the winter? There's coats, vests, caps, gloves, jackets, layers upon layers of shirts and pants... It's a never ending laundry nightmare! (Good thing my husband does most of the laundry!)
3. Gross feet. I will never be a foot model. First of all, my toes were never nice looking to begin with. Now, most of my toes barely have nails. I call them "Runner's Feet". I'd show you a picture but I don't want you to throw up.
4. Carrying around a bunch of shit. Oh, and you can't forget the PACKING and the UNPACKING of the shit. I swear you would think I was spending the night somewhere if you saw me leave the house in the morning...
Wow, if only this is what I looked like leaving the gym!
5. Injuries. I never injured myself while laying on the couch. Just sayin'.
7. Sweating a lot. And not because you're out of shape. The more fit you are, the sooner you sweat and the more you sweat, even if you're not about to do an intense workout.
Have you experienced any of these unfortunate side effects of exercises? Am I missing any?
The feet thing I can definitely relate to as I also exercise a lot in the sand. And since I live in LA I like to wear open toe shoes a lot so that equates to a lot of money spend on pedicures. The ladies at the "shop" look at each other and speak Korean to each other about my nasty feet...at least that's what I think they are doing. :)ReplyDelete
I guess as long as you give them a good tip hehe!Delete
HAHA the man hands Seinfeld gif.ReplyDelete
I think I have experienced almost all of those things. Re: carrying stuff around - I have yet to figure out an efficient way to pack running shoes in a suitcase - I don't do minimalist so they don't fit all that well in a carryon. And NO I am not rolling anything up to stash inside them because woof, gross. :)
The unfortunate armpit hair thing has happened to me on more than one occasion. Oops! :)ReplyDelete
Another thing guys don't have to worry about!Delete
LMAO This is all soooo true! The sweating thing drives me NUTS. I'm so sweaty all the time now. Gross. But I do like being "regular"!ReplyDelete
I like it too! :)Delete
Download Plants vs Zombies 2 Hack Here:ReplyDelete
Funny re: the laundry. I find summer worse as it's so so sweaty whereas winter I can wash it in the shower with me and air dry it until I can take it to a laundromatReplyDelete