A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, October 29, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

This was a wonderful weekend because while Saturday was super busy, Sunday was soooooo chill. I mean, there were a few unexpected surprises, but at least they were unexpected, so I wasn't anticipating the annoyance of them. Well, read on to hear more!

I was smack dab in the middle of a dream when my alarm went off. I was tired and did not want to wake up. You can do this, I told myself.Yes, sometimes I need a pep talk to get out of bed!

It was a chilly morning, but I did a deck of cards workout in my carport and ran two speedy miles that didn't feel speedy. Don't you love when that happens? Chrissy greeted me with warm hugs after my chilly workout.



Every morning at school begins with stair duty and then an instrument lesson. I take whatever instrument I'm teaching that day to duty to serenade the kids as they come down the steps. It gives me extra practice and it brightens everyone's day!



We spent the day singing autumn songs, Halloween songs, creating sound stories, and playing a pumpkin games. Our superintendent popped in during one of my classes but luckily all was going well so it was no big deal. Whew!





After school I had two appointments. One was to get my eyebrows and lips waxed. I didn't get home until nearly six o'clock!

When I get home, I always shower and put on pjs. On Friday, I posted what I wore to work each day this week. Next Friday, I want to do a what I wore AFTER work each day. Here is a preview:



That's not cheese, it's mayo. And yes, that's TWO turkey burgers! I was hungry.

We ate, watched Colbert, and then I went to bed.

I woke up to two kitties being cuddly babies. Perfect for a cool, rainy, fall morning.




I had so much on the Megenda (that's what Paul calls my agenda), so right after making coffee and loading my phone with podcasts, I set to work cleaning the house. I took a little break to go to Aldi, but came right home and finished cleaning. It feels good to have a clean house! Our house is never "cluttery" or "messy", but the cats make it dirty.

Do you think we have enough frozen veggies!?

Then I took Ellie and Clementine to see Jack and the Beanstalk at Gamut Theater in Harrisburg. It was put on by the Popcorn Hat Players, who do shows specifically for children. It was a great set up- the kids could sit on the floor and the adults could sit on chairs. The girls loved the show!



We parked at Amtrak, which is where my dad works. He was smack dab in the middle of a 16 hour overtime shift, so seeing the girls brightened his day! The girls loved seeing Grandpa! They climbed right up on his lap. They love him so much.


Later that afternoon, Paul and I hit up the gym. Then we rushed home to get ready for game night. Our friends Molly and Jon came over and we had so much fun! We barely got through even one game because we just jibber jabbered the whole time! Of course the next morning I realized I didn't get ANY pictures of the four of us, just some pictures before our friends arrived.

 Enough food for four people!?


Chrissy's ready to play!
Today was the first day in WEEKS that I had absolutely ZERO plans. It was the greatest feeling ever. I got up around 7:30, drank some coffee, and caught up on The View and blogging.

Look at his little tongue sticking out!

Around 11, I finally decided to start my day, so I parked at Trindle Road to do a run on the AT. My plan was to do 8 miles but I wasn't sure what direction I was going to go.

I'm very scared to run on the trail alone. I'm scared a creepy guy will be walking toward me with a gun and he will rape and murder me. Sorry, I know that got very dark all of a sudden, but that is HONESTLY what I fear on the trail. However, I don't want to live my life in fear, so I am trying to get out there and do what I love...

... but of course I'm safe about it. I never post where I'm going on Facebook before the fact, I always tell Paul exactly where I'm at, when I begin my run, and which direction I'm going. I also text him when I turn around to run back to my car and when I arrive at my car. I carry pepper spray. I feel like that's the safest/most prepared I can be.

When I parked at the AT, I saw a couple heading South, so I thought I would go that way. But there is a gun range not far from the trail and the bullets were LOUD and there was just no break in them. It freaked me out, so I decided to run North instead. 'MERICA.

This is a very run-able section of the trail. It was a little muddy from the rain, but that's it. I passed a guy with his dog, a male runner, another guy with a dog, a girl runner with her dog (this was when I was about a mile from my car) and then and older guy smoking a cigarette with a backpack who was a little sketchy, but I could literally see my car when I saw him, so I figured I was safe.

When I got back to my car, I stretched and decided to go South for a bit, despite the sound of bullets. I didn't see anyone on this section. I didn't go far, so I turned back at the point where I knew I would make it an even 8 miles.

Here are some pictures!



 Random old cemetery in the field.


 This part sketches me out. This is where I'm scared I'll see a creepy person.

My absolute FAVORITE part!






When I got home from my run is when the unexpected shit happened.

Unexpected shitty thing #1: Our shower wouldn't work, so I had to drive to Planet Fitness to shower and shave after my run. I mean, it SUCKED, but I do recognize that I am fortunate that I had the option to shower at the gym.

Unexpected shitty thing #2: I had to make a potato casserole for a breakfast we are having at work on Monday, but I noticed I had accidentally purchased cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of potato soup, which the recipe called for. Ugh!!!! Unexpected trip to Weis... Although I do recognize I am fortunate that Weis is only a 5 minute drive.

Unexpected shitty thing #3: The whole cream of potato soup/shower saga made me realize that tomorrow morning was going to SUCK. I would somehow have to workout, shower at the gym, and THEN go home to make the potatoes so they would be hot for the breakfast. The potatoes take an hour, which meant I would have to wake up at 4:15 so I would have time to go to the gym to workout, shower, drive home, make the potatoes, then drive to work so they would be nice and hot for breakfast. FREAKING A!!!!

The rest of the night was spent making a yummy dinner and food for Paul and I for the week.




Tell me something fun you did this weekend!
When was the last time you had a day with ZERO plans?
Are there certain places you are scared to run alone?

10 comments:

  1. I know it's probably not safe for me to run alone in any wooded area that I do, but I do it anyway because it is just so peaceful and that is when I enjoy running the most. I realize thought that I should not post as many pics on IG as I do when I run there. But I do that anyway because it's part of my story and I like looking back at it!

    There is an app you can download and have Paul download it too that will track you when you run. He will be able to know where you are and if you stop for any reason.

    Will you be getting your shower fixed soon? Do you know what is wrong with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the app rec! I googled it and found some that could work: https://runnerclick.com/apps-to-keep-you-safe-on-solo-runs/

      Paul says the shower guy is coming today. Whew! I hope it is a quick fix. The water won't turn on and the faucet is broken I think.

      Delete
  2. Yesterday I had no plans! That's a first in a long time. So I ran, went out for donuts, and took the screens out of my windows (and washed the windows). Crazy fun stuff, right? It is a great feeling to get stuff like that done though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you had a "free" day. I did some housework too but it wasn't like on a to do list anyway, so it was fine.

      Delete
  3. I don't run on our rec trail :( It's just too dark and secluded. Our fun plans for the weekend was going out to dinner with a group of friends on Saturday night. Yesterday was our zero plans day...Rick has been sick with a cold so I didn't plan anything for us. It was nice but by the end of the day I was ready to be done doing nothing!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What did you have for dinner? I hope Rick is feeling better soon. I know you like to be BUSY. If you didn't work from home a lot, do you still think you would like going out as much?

      Delete
    2. I think if I didn't work from home, I would want to be home on the weekend way more! We went to a pub downtown Loveland and I had steak -- it was glorious!

      Delete
  4. Hi I'm new to your blog! I'm just starting running from scratch (again *sigh*) but I have the same sort of fears when out alone, and also that I will injure myself and be stuck in a hard to find place. The fun thing I did at the weekend was watching the first few episodes of the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch which in turn inspired me to decorate for Halloween! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on getting back into it! Do you always take your phone with you? At least then if you were injured you could call for help. Omg I remember Sabrina. I didn't watch it but I did watch Clarissa Explains it All with Melissa Joan Hart. :)

      Delete
  5. Ugh. I am totally scared of running in remote areas by myself... we have a beautiful running rail along the river, but there are certain areas where you only have certain access points to get on or exit the trail and what if something happens to me while I am in between access points? So, I run in the park/neighborhood mostly, where I have plenty of escape routes.

    I agree though: the trail that you ran is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete