A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Monday, monday, monday... MOOOOOONDAY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... You all know I don't mind Mondays. I'm usually refreshed from the weekend so I have energy. Also, I don't have piano lessons after school on Mondays, so at 3:40 I am freeeeee!

Except yesterday I wasn't free. I had PT after work. But at least when I'm there I just have to do my exercises and get a back massage. That's not too terrible. Honestly, after teaching all day, it's exciting to go somewhere that I'm NOT in charge.

Some great things happened yesterday! First of all, I showed up to work all dressed up, only to find out it was "comfy cozy day". So you know what I did? I changed into my PT clothes! (Sneakers, leggings, and a dry tec tee.) I think I should always keep a "comfy cozy" outfit in my classroom... just in case!

Then, during my lunch period, I wrote SEVEN LESSON PLANS. I know what you are thinking... "How did you do that!?" Don't ask questions. Just accept this wonderful news!

At PT, my therapist told me I no longer have to do all of my exercises every day. I just need to pick a handful and do about 20 minutes worth of exercises. This is really good news because I am up to an hour of exercises per day!

When I finally got home from PT (traaaaaffic) I relaxed with chips, hummus, wine and CNN.

Life is good sometimes.
How was your Monday?

11 comments:

  1. What time does your school start in the morning? I am always agasp that you go until 3:40 PM!

    But then again, when I worked down that way our middle school campus dismissed at 2:50 and the elementary didn't dismiss until around 4pm because they started later in the morning. I want to say maybe 8:40 or 9:15 or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teachers have to be at school by 7:55. Students are allowed in classrooms at 8:40. If they get there early, they wait on the bus or in the gym. Our MS and HS start a lot earlier.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you were really productive yesterday! I bet the massage at PT is really nice. Glad you don't have to do as many exercises either, I do about 20-30 minutes worth each day myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're worth it on the days it helps, and then the days my back hurts it's like what was the point? I know there's a point I just get all negative!

      Delete
  3. I normally like Monday's too but yesterday was a DAY for me. I was so stressed at work that at one point I was just sitting at my desk doing nothing and I could feel my heart beating in my chest. Like no part of my body was moving except my fingers typing and my heart rate must have been sky high. I need to try and BREATHE sometimes! I sometimes just get so busy that I feel like I don't even have time to do that! Today I am going to actually take a lunch break and leave my house just to get away from my computer for a bit :)

    I'm glad your PT exercise routine is getting shorter. How much longer do you think you'll go see him in person?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally hear you saying "I DAY" because you do that in your vlog. :) Were you mad, upset, what was causing the heartbeat? When I get stressed like that at work I just feel like I want to EXPLODE and SCREAM at everyone. Which would be a bad thing to do...

      Next week I only see my PT once but my back isn't "better". Today it hurt so bad because of freaking work. I taught a trombone lesson, three 40 minutes music classes, and then chorus. So yeah, of course it's going to freaking hurt adter all of that.

      Delete
  4. Hey, way to kill it at PT! Awesome job, Megan! After a weekend away, I decided to also take Monday off since Rick couldn't work due to the weather. We knocked out a few errands, took a drive up the canyon and then finished with a movie. I wouldn't mind doing that every Monday but probably not likely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow what a perfect Monday! I need to strategically plan some Monday personal days in my near future...

      Delete
  5. Hooray! Less PT is like graduating! My Monday was frustrating due to my children always having homework. Can't we just go out and have fun kids? Geez, always with the "I need to do my homework." LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! Kids get too much homework these days. I never give homework just practice your instrumemt!

      Delete
  6. That sounds like a really good Monday :)

    ReplyDelete