A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, October 20, 2018

Weekly Workouts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

All in all, I'm proud of my week.

Saturday- 8 miles at Boyd's Big Tree Preserve. We were celebrating Kristen's birthday with a trail run! I haven't run these trails forever and forgot how pretty they were! I saw some old running friends and met some new ones. It was cold (high 40s/low 50s) and rainy, but I enjoyed every second. My back wasn't bothering me either.



Confession: We went to Knoebels that day and I did NOT make time for my PT exercises. This is my first day just skipping them all together. I will do them tomorrow morning.

Sunday- 6 treadmill miles and PT exercises. It now takes me a full hour to do all of my PT exercises, stretching, and foam rolling. This workout was rough because my toe got infected from cutting my toenail too short. As I type this, I am soaking it in warm salt water. I really hope it dies down. I guess it's my fault for running on it.

Monday- 6 miles on the road. Ow. My back hurt. WHY CAN I RUN TRAIL AND TREADMILL AND FEEL GOOD BUT THE MINUTE I GET ON THE ROAD, IT HURTS!? I had PT after work and found out that I only have to do 20 minutes of exercises from now on. Yay! My toe is back to normal.

Tuesday- Lifting at the gym and THE STAIR CLIMBER. I was going to stay home and do some deck of cards workouts in the carport, but of course I woke up at 1:17am and never fell back asleep. What does one do with all that extra time? Go to the gym.

Wednesday- 2 deck of cards workouts in my carport and PT appointment in the afternoon. It was cold this morning and I had to wear gloves! (I was still in shorts though.) PT was intense... he has me doing freaking jump squats, one legged dead lifts... I needed a sweat towel today! Hoping my knee feels okay tomorrow...

Thursday- 6 pain free neighborhood miles. My PT wanted to to test it out. There is no rhyme or reason why this run felt so good. And my knee is fine from all the jump squats! I'm down to PT once a week.

Friday- Lifting at PF. I also mixed in some of my more intense PT exercises like thrusters, split squats, and jump squats. But other than that, no cardio as I plan to run some trail miles this weekend!



How were your workouts this week?

6 comments:

  1. Nice workouts! And only one run where your back hurt. That is really awesome! This week I ran twice, walked once, swam twice and biked once! I also had 4 days of lifting and a REST day! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great week! I hope it remains pain free! I over logged a little over 40 miles with lots of golf in between

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that your knee didn't hurt after all of that PT work! Taper mode for me this week, so not a whole lot of running. I even skipped the "20 mins easy run" on the schedule for today. I want to be fresh on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete