A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, October 7, 2018

A Day In The Life

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Here's a quick and dirty Day In The Life from Thursday!

My alarm went off at 5:00, which is a bit earlier than normal. However, I have a good 40 minutes of PT exercises I need to complete, so I hoped to get them all done before my run...

But I spent a bit too much time messing around on the internet, so I didn't get them all down. Oh well. I'd finish up after work. At least I did some crazy glute bridges!




I really enjoyed my run. I did 5 miles and my back felt pretty good. I am so thankful for every mile I get to to run. It gets me outside in all sorts of temperatures and weather. I love my morning time!

Work was wonderful. It was one of those awesome days where every lesson goes perfectly and all of the students did their best. During my last class of the day, I marveled at the fact that I get PAID to do this!






Another plus is I had some quality time to connect with colleagues today. That is always awesome!

After work, I finished up my PT exercises. Then I taught 3 piano lessons. I thought I only had two but I actually had three. Oops.

After a long day at work and then 3 piano lessons, I relaxed with a hard cider!


Then Paul and I ate dinner and watched Survivor. It was an okay episode. My dinner was more than okay... lettuce, cuke, ground turkey, tomato, cheese, and fit and active ranch dressing. On top is honey mustard and onion pretzels. I call it "drunk girl salad".


Sleep came early... hallelujah!
Do you put anything weird on your salad?
Is your job ever so fun that you wonder how you get paid to do it?

10 comments:

  1. You look super professional and cute at work, in the pic of you behind the desk. I'm glad you had a good day at work :). I don't really feel like that about work being fun but my job is really good for my education level, location, abilities, etc. The perks are great and most days, I am super thankful to work at a good company.

    I'm glad PT is helping you! I think mine is helping too. I was doing exercises each day but it was hard to fit them all in, so this week I cut back to say, 4-5x a week, and I think that's better because I get some rest from them since I was getting sore.

    I love those honey mustard pretzels but not on salad, just plain. I had salad last night at Longhorn Steakhouse, and it had pecans, feta, strawberries, grapes, and mandarin oranges on it- I would say the fruit toppings are my faves on salads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! :)

      I'm glad your job has so many great qualities that even though it may not be "fun" I am sure it is fulfilling. My job isn't ALWAYS fun but at least part of my day is always fun.

      I'm so glad PT is helping you! There is one exercise that bothers my ITB so I do it every other day.

      I am not a huge fan of fruit toppings on salads unless it's like an apple/cran/walnut salad.

      Do you think I could pitch my salads to restaurants?

      Delete
  2. Oh, like you I am grateful for every mile I get to run! I've had so many injuries and now with my EDS, I know that every mile is a true gift (even if they are super slow these days). I love drunk girl salad! I think salad are an "anything goes" type of meal! We don't normally have pretzels in the house, but this makes me want to buy them just for salads! I am so grateful for my job -- I do enjoy the work I do but like I have said before, I love the people. I think about it a lot because I never aspired to work at Hewlett Packard and yet, I have been there for 22 years. WHAT?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do they have snyders of hanover pretzels in CO???

      Delete
    2. Okay I just wondered because I live like 40 min from Hanover, so I didn't know if the pretzels were like JUST a PA thing you know? I mean, they are really popular here!

      Delete
  3. Most days I truly to enjoy the work I do. The times I don't like it is when I lull in work and I'm bored. I do really enjoy writing software for people and seeing them be more productive, and have their work day go by better because of my software.
    I do make a good apple/cranberry/walnut/chicken/mozzarella cheese salad. It probably has a million calories in it because it's so big, but hey, it's all good stuff! Gotta say, I'm not a fan of those mustard pretzels. I guess in general I don't use much mustard on anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must be so fulfilling to be able to help people do their jobs better!

      Do you like the buffalo snyders of hanover pretzels?

      Delete
  4. I haven’t had a chance to catch up with your blog, and I’ve been having trouble commenting... did Julie Chen leave BB?

    That’s a funny name for a salad! I don’t think I put anything weird on my salad...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did not leave!!! I hope she is def there next season. Sorry you have had trouble commenting. I get frustrated when I can't comment and have to type a comment more than once!

      Delete