A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, October 22, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello! I had an awesome weekend!
Friends, family, and fun!

I slept great on Thursday night! 25mg of diphenhydramine for the win! I was groggy when I woke up and didn’t want to get out of bed, but the first thing I saw when I checked my phone was this meme from my friend:
It made me laugh and instantly put me in a good mood!

I headed to the gym to lift and do my more advanced PT exercises- hip thrusters, split squats, and jump squats. My IT band is holding up, which is still unbelieveable to me.


On the way to work, I treated myself to a large coffee from Dunkin! Treat yo’ self!



It was a dress down day for breast cancer and we were supposed to wear pink. It felt great to be in stretchy pants and my running sneakers!

As I drove up the driveway to our school, 8 deer bounded across the road in front of me! They were beautiful! I was glad I was driving slow.

I'm not sure "dress down" means yoga pants but I didn't care. My schedule was sooooo busy that day and I had to move my classroom chairs several times for chorus. I was dressing DOWN.


Before I teach instrumental lessons in the morning, I have stair duty, which means I stand at the bottom of the stairwell while the students file down to their classrooms. I have started taking whichever instrument I am teaching that day into the stairwell to serenade the kids! It works out well because it brightens the students’ morning and I get some last minute practice on the instrument before I teach the lesson. Good stuff!

Today it was saxophones. I taught a lesson first thing in the morning and one during my lunch. Yes, I teach lessons during my lunch. I know you’re jealous.




My morning classes (2nd and 3rd grade) were awesome and I crossed my fingers that the afternoon would go smoothly as well. It was a long one- two kindergarten classes, chorus rehearsal, 2nd grade, and then 3rdgrade. The lessons were awesome! I mean, it was a great day, especially for a Friday.

After work, I headed over to the mall to get my haircut and my eyebrows waxed. It was the worst salon experience ever! 
Read all about it here...

When I got home, I was in a sour mood. But I ate some cheese, had some wine, dyed my hair, and calmed down.

From Jefferson Vineyards.
We got this when we went to Charlottesville.

Paul and I ate dinner and watched Colbert. I went to bed on the early side due to a trail run the next day.

This salad is brought to you by Aldi and the color orange.

I woke up early and met some runners in Boiling Springs at the AT for a trail run. My friend Allison was there and we ran together at a sub 10 minute pace! I got 8 miles in total.



I took Paul to the gym and while he was there, I ran a bunch of errands. I felt so accomplished! I even almost got a flu shot but the pharmacy had run out. Perhaps tomorrow.

Guess where!?
Hint: I needed a basket, so I went to the brown aisle.

That afternoon, we went to Tyler and Debby's fall party. It was wonderful to reconnect with my family!








Sunday morning buddy!

This morning, I met Allison at Pine Grove Furnace State Park for a run on the AT! I sure am getting in lots of trail miles and lots of gabbing with Allison this weekend! We did 8 miles total and my back felt AWESOME!



That afternoon, we went to Andrea and Derrick's baby shower! They are welcoming a new little one into the world this December. The party was fun and I am so happy for Andrea and Derrick. They are going to be awesome parents, and from the way it looks, the baby is already so loved by so many people!


 ISN'T ANDREA BEAUTIFUL!!!??????

What were you up to this weekend?

9 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a fun weekend for you and just what you needed! We went furniture shopping this weekend and bought a new bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really fun week! Serenading the kids sounds like a really awesome idea. And 8 deer! Wow! A while back we were driving on a highway and saw a guy on the side of the road with a police officer His car looked fine, he wasn't being arrested, I said I bet he hit a deer. Sadly, we did indeed see a dead deer on the side of the road.

    I'm so jealous that you're so close to the AT! Only a small portion runs through NY and it's quite a bit south of here. I thought I'd get to it this summer, actually, but it didn't work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take it when I see a deer on the side of the road. There is one on the way to my PT and it has been there for like two weeks. I hate driving by it!

      Maybe next summer you will make it to the AT! I do feel thankful we live so close to many different AT Trailheads. It runs right through Central PA. In fact, the picture of Allison and I is from the halfway point!

      Delete
  3. Tell me again what grades learn to play the instruments (saxaphones)? Our music program starts at 5th grade. Yours is younger?
    Your trail running looks fun. I'm glad your back is feeling good! Every day I'm more convinced that Sydney's back pain is related to her scoliosis. :( Will be seeing the Dr tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our program starts in 4th grade. Good luck to Sydney at the doctor! If she can learn some stretches and exercises to help her that could be all the difference!

      Delete
  4. Since it's October, and you're teaching the saxephone, all I can think of is Meat Loaf in Rocky Horror. I may be listening to the soundtrack too, and that's not specific to Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man Rocky Horror! I was in that show back in the day... I played Columbia.

      Delete
  5. I love the photos from the fall party! You should frame some.

    ReplyDelete