A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, March 11, 2018

What I Did on my Personal Day


Personal days for mental health and self care are so important. I took one on Friday, and it was glorious. Here's what I was up to...

I didn't set my alarm! Bliss!



Around 7:30, I heard the outside door open and shut. I thought maybe someone was coming in to kill us, but I was tired and wanted to sleep, so I was just like, eh whatever, come kill me. I'm sleeping. (FYI: It was Paul going out to the carport to get our jug of iced coffee.)

I finally got up at 9! I drank coffee, caught up the news, and blogged.


Around noon, I went for a run. I was soooo slooooow but it was okay. I didn't have any records I needed to break that day!


Before showering, I dyed my hair. I have to dye my hair to cover up the grey. When the dye was setting, I tidied up the house and dusted. Paul was going to vacuum. We split up the housework!

Then we headed to the mall. Our first stop was Dick's. I was looking for thick running tights. I found a ton of capris and thin tights, but not much that was thick. Most of the pants and capris had mesh or netting. I guess that's the style now.

Why!?

I found the BEST pair of thick tights. They were only $30 (clearance) and they were very comfortable. Unfortunately, the back of each calf had mesh! Why!? Why put it on THICK tights? If someone is buying thick tights, they clearly want to be warm, right?



FYI: I do not like the design on these pants but I really don't care what I look like when I run, so I would have bought two pairs just because they were so warm and comfortable. If ti weren't for the mesh on the calves.


I didn't get anything at Dick's. I will try Ross and TJ Maxx some other day. Then it was off to Starbucks for an iced coffee before searching for pillows!


I found one at JC Penny. It was normally $49 but with the sale and a coupon, I got it for $18!


It's very hard. I'm interested to see how it works...

The only other thing I bought was a very warm zip up sporty sweater at Bon Ton for $11! I love it!


Then it was time to head to Carlisle for Girl's Night at my friend Karen's house. On this night, Karen, Andrea, Cat, and Laveena all had tickets to see my in Godspell.... but I quit Godspell, so we scheduled a Girl's Night instead!


Karen hosted and made guac, Andrea and Laveena brought dessert, Cat made DELICIOUS fish tacos, and I made margaritas. We ate, drank, talked shop (we're all music teachers) and then played some ukes!





I didn't get home until 11:30!!!! I never stay out that late! I would have never made it that long if it weren't for having the days off to relax. It was so fun to hang out with my gal friends. Poor Paul had to spend the night at home vacuuming...

And that was my day!
What do you think of all the mesh?
What do you like to do on Girl's Nights?

17 comments:

  1. It was sooooo good to see you!! I love our girl's nights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Why do we all freaking live 30-60 min from each other!!??

      Delete
  2. I too dislike the running pants with the mesh. I do have one pair like that though but in my defense, I actually did not notice it until I got them home, and they are more like spring capris anyway so it doesn't bother me. I am going to send you a link to the brand of tights that I have and I love them!

    So fun that you have so many friends that have something in common that you can have a girl's night!

    So, why do you keep your iced coffee on the carport? is it already made and you keep it there to keep it cold?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah if they are pants for fashion or not for the freezing cold, it's totally fine. I like the "look" of the mesh, but as far as for running when it is frigid, it is not functional.

      Okay so normally Paul makes the iced coffee and keeps it in the fridge. On this particular day, he said he put it outside because I was going grocery shopping and he was trying to make room in the fridge. :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great day off. Glad you had fun! Poor Paul :) I'm with ya on the mesh... I don't mind a little behind the knee, but a lot of tights have a lot more. I have a race next weekend and I'm already wondering what to wear. I run outside so infrequently I am usually not dressed correctly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the mesh is cute BUT when it is a thick tight, I don't understand it. Clearly someone bought thick to be warm, right?

      Delete
  4. The super warm tights are on sale (one color is)... http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1023736&pcid=1023728&vid=1&pid=870943012

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just bought two pair of the mediums. I can't tell what color they are... could be black, could be like a maroon? Not sure, but don't care. If they are comfy and warm I will wear them. If they don't feel right, free returns!

      THANK YOU LISA!!! :)

      Delete
  5. It's really awesome that you took the personal day for yourself! The last time I did a girl's date we went out for lunch and dessert. Nothing too crazy but we had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are the best kinds of personal days. :)

      Delete
  6. Hahahah Adam does the vacuuming in our house too :). They are good housekeepers. No gender roles here... although Adam does take out the trash and I do the dishes, but that's by preference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a dish washwasher? Paul does most of the housework like that because he works from home. Cleaning the whole house is a different story and we divide it up.

      Delete
    2. We do have a dish washer but I think it needs to be replaced because it doesn't always get everything clean, so I've started washing all the dishes by hand. We'll get a new dishwasher eventually, but right now our HOA put in a huge assessment because we're all getting new roofs so that's taking up all of the "house stuff" budget. I'm okay with that because I feel like a new roof will increase the value of our townhouse, and after Irma we probably did need it if the insurance adjusters say so/agreed to pay for it.

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad you had a good personal day and evening! It sounds like it was fulfilling and that's really important when you've had a rough week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have to check TJ Maxx for tights! they have tons of lined ones right now and on the sale rack.

    I am glad that you enjoyed your Girls night out!! Now I'm craving a margarita.

    ReplyDelete