A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Weekly Workouts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Lots of running this week and ZERO lifting due to injuring my shoulder... sleeping. Go big or go home, right!? It definitely feels a lot better but I'm going to baby it for awhile yet.


Saturday- 7.5 miles on the AT. Kristen was doing 28 total that day and I ran with her for the tail end. We had a blast, just running and blabbing away like we always do. She's training for a 100 and she's going to crush it! It was rainy and foggy... very eerie on top of the mountain!



Sunday- Squirrelly Tail Twail Wun 1/2 Marathon. Race recap here. These were the WORST conditions I have ever run in! It was drizzling and in the high 40s... which was fine... But 90% of the trail was either deep, thick mud or basically a stream. It was insane! But I pushed really hard and did it in 2:10. My car got stuck in the mud on the way out and three guys had to help push me out. Ana ran the race as well! Check out her recap.



Monday- Rest. There was no way I was running after the crazy race the day before. Also, my left rotator cuff hurt from sleeping on it wrong Friday night so I didn't want to lift either. It was a lazy day!

Tuesday- 6 morning miles. I was curious to see how my body felt after pushing so hard on Sunday. Luckily, my legs were just tired. Nothing was sore. Woot woot!

Wednesday- 6 morning miles. I was still slow but it was a very enjoyable run. I felt like running. Funny story... I don't usually look inside windows while running, but I did notice that one of my neighbors was watching Celebrity Big Brother! I wanted to knock on their door and talk their ear off about what I thought of the finale! (Tune in tomorrow for that post.)

Thursday-  6 morning miles. Shorts! Woot! Sometimes, Jelly waits for me in the window...



Friday- Rest. I'm running the Naked Bavarian 20 miler tomorrow! (Well, today if you're reading this Saturday.) Wish me luck! It was a good day for a rest day too because there was a wind advisory... 60mph gusts! March sure is coming in like a lion!

How were your workouts this week?

6 comments:

  1. I hope the 20 miler goes well! Even if you're doing it for fun it's still 20 miles, yikes. Hope the wind dies down a bit because I've seen some rough pictures from up north with the storms you've had (it's windy here too but not nearly that bad). You did a ton of running and I hope your shoulder feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 20 miler was rough but I did it! Luckily, a lot of the storms missed us. We got the wind for sure, but no snow or anything.

      Delete
  2. Hope your shoulder doesn't give you a problem on your run today! Hope the race is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Shoulder didn't give me any trouble on my run, thank goodness.

      Delete
  3. I hate it when I injure myself by literally doing nothing! I can relate more than I want to admit. :)

    Sounds like you've got some good race reports coming up; can't wait to read them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're getting old, that's what it is! 20 miler race report tomorrow, Tuesday. :)

      Delete