A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, March 5, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Happy Monday!
I hope you had a great weekend.
Here's what we were up to...

It was a rest day, but Jelly only let me sleep until 5:34. With my extra morning time, I caught up with the news and finished a puzzle.


School was okay. The kids were chatty and loud. I just didn't have the patience for it by Friday, but I tried very hard to be patient and calm. Here's what we were up to in music class today:

Kindergarten- On Top of Spaghetti, There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly

2nd Grade- Singing and playing bells/percussion to Abiyoyo

3rd Grade- Playing Rock Band on recorders and testing for Yellow Belt

4th Grade- Playing Abiyoyo on ukes, bells, and percussion

If you ever want to see what's going on in music class, "Like" my classroom Facebook page called EP Music Kids. There are fun videos on there of our classroom performances!

After work, I spent a half hour sending emails to parents about good things their students are doing in my room. I love sharing the positive things the kiddos do and I know parents love hearing it! With over 500 students, it's hard to reach out to everyone, but I do a little bit at a time. What a great way to start the weekend!

Mommy's home!

In preparation for my 20 miler the next day, I had carbs and sodium for dinner.

Wine, grilled ham and cheese, tomato soup, and corn chips.

Jelly cuddled with me in the morning while I drank iced coffee and relaxed!



Then I headed to Blue Marsh Lake to run the Naked Bavarian 20 Miler. The race was put on really well! I was pretty tired by mile four, and while I was driving home, I realized why... I have run 60 miles in the past 8 days! THAT'S TOO MUCH! Gonna cut back a lot these next two weeks.




I made it through all 20.68 miles (course was long, I guess). Everything felt very tight and tired for the last 8 miles or so. But I did it, and I only walked up some of the hills. Otherwise, it was just plodding along slowly. I averaged a 10:32 pace.


That evening, we celebrated with sushi at Tokyo Diner. We love our little sushi place. It's right down the street from our house and it's BYOB. The price is right and the sushi is very good! They also have hibachi.






Around 12:30am, Jelly came into the bedroom to play his favorite middle of the night game. It's the one where he comes into the bedroom and cries, then tries to run out of the room before I squirt him with water. He always wins, I always lose.

Most of my Sundays start like this: Red up the house, drink coffee, do puzzles, blog, watch CNN, cuddle with cats. That's basically what I did from 6am-12:30pm. Don't hate.

That afternoon, I went to see our high school's spring musical: Grease! Many of my past elementary students were performing and two of my previous piano students were in it as well. I love seeing the kids all grown up!


Me and two of my piano students!

AWESOME NEWS!!! PAUL AND I STARTED WATCHING BIG BROTHER CANADA!!!! Season One is on Youtube and we are super into it. Of course it's not the same as the original but... it's scratching an itch, so to speak. We watched a couple episodes of that and then I went to bed!
Tell me something fun you did this weekend!

16 comments:

  1. How fun to see your past kiddos in Grease! I'm hoping to see a musical or two this spring since it's that time of year!
    We did another escape room with some friends on Friday but other than that we were pretty Unproductive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where are you going to see the shows? What show is your school doing?

      Delete
  2. 60 miles!!!! Damn!!

    I think I'm going to start watching the CBB UK one with Trisha Paytas. Adam and I have started watching her vlogs on YouTube. I really like her; she's dramatic but very sweet, and I think she's a good business woman too. She doesn't talk about that part of her life often, but it's very clear that she is. She has a podcast, two successful youtube channels, merchandise, albums, etc. She likes to pretend she's a dumb blonde but she's obviously pretty smart. I find it fascinating that she plays up that dumb character but has a more successful career than any of the "haters" who comment what a dumb person she is. I like stuff like that haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I ran way too much! On my second rest day in a row right now!

      Let me know how you like CBB UK! Warning: The format is a bit different from US BB seasons. But, I think if you end up liking it, you may want to try the US versions. :)

      Delete
  3. I had a lot of soup this weekend, but I was sick. I needed easy foods but I didn't want to be hungry after eating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I hope you are feeling better. I love soup, but preferably when I am feeling well.

      Delete
  4. I did only one fun thing this weekend - a trip to a museum. I had to get out of the house because I've been sick since Tuesday! Sucked. I'm usually never sick, so I can't complain too much I guess. That's so nice that you email the parents! I do love to hear about my kids - good and bad! But hopefully not bad :) Great job on your 20 miler. I didn't realize you were racing! I need to catch up on blog reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you were sick! Glad you are feeling better. I'm racing but not RACING, if that makes sense. :) Yes, I love emailing about good things to brighten parents' days!

      Delete
  5. Oh, and last weekend (2 weeks) I went to see our high school production of Little Shop of Horrors. Loved it! I'm so glad my daughter is interested in seeing stuff like that, and she asked me to join her (not her friends). So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little Show is such a weird show! Does it interest Sydney to get involved at all? Performing? Stage crew? Pit orchestra?

      Delete
    2. No - in fact we don’t even stick around to say congrats to people she knows in the show! She’s a bit shy like that.

      Delete
  6. 60 miles!! you are kicking butt at running! Congratulations on the 20 miler! It looks very cold.

    The sushi looks soo good!

    We went to Lititz, because we want to live there and spend our life at Aaron's books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cold at the start but then it got pretty warm! I saw there is a winery in Lititz. Have you been there, is it good? 60 miles... on my 2nd rest day in a row! Gonna run a lot LESS these next two weeks. No reason to be running that much!

      Delete
    2. Lititz is where my stepfather grew up! Isn't it a small town? He always described it as small and somewhat omish?

      Delete
    3. Yup it us small and we do live near a big Amish population.

      Delete
    4. Amish... i can't believe I wrote omish. I feel rude :(. I am blaming it on being tired!

      Delete