A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, March 12, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Happy Monday!
I hope you had a great weekend. 
Mine was extra long because 
I took a personal day on Friday!

Here's what we were up to...

I thoroughly enjoyed my personal day! I slept in, did some cleaning, ran, ran errands, and went to girls night!


Love my girls!!!

I didn't get home until 11:30. I can't think of the last time I stayed out so late!

Another lazy morning! 



I went for a chilly 6 miler.


Then I went to my cousin Tiff's house for my cousin Claire's baby shower! It was a small one with just family and a few close friends. We laughed so hard and just had a great time!

 Cousin Coy and Claire!





That evening, Bob and Rachel came over for game night. We actually didn't play many games at all. We played Set, then started another game, but just ended up talking the whole time. They're great friends and we laugh so hard when we're together.



 You gotta try the game Set!
 I was fading fast...

Get it, Bob!
No plans today! Woohoo! I've had such a busy weekend so far, I was looking forward to a day of Big Brother Canada, relaxing, and no running. I wanted to test the 'ol shoulder to see how it was doing. It really only hurts a little when I sleep, despite buying a memory foam pillow.

I did do a little lifting and it got aggravated a little. I hurts when I turn my head to the side. I guess it's not even my shoulder that hurts when I turn my head, it's my neck. The saga continues...

So I haven't made ANY vacation plans this summer... until today. You guys, I went nuts and booked us a bunch of 1-3 night stays all over the Northeast coast! Vermont, Cape Cod, Charlottesville, NYC, The Fingerlakes, Annapolis... Do we have any money left!? I will tell you about all our fun plans in some upcoming posts! Some of these destinations involve...

1. Races
2. Relaxing
3. Murders
4. Shows
5. Wineries

TO BE CONTINUED!!!!
Tell me something fun you did this weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Wow, you are going to be very busy this summer! Can't wait to see all the vacation plans come to fruition. We were going to run Zooma Annapolis this summer but I think we have a change of plans now.

    I started my Spring Cleaning this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you been to Annapolis before? Spring cleaning! Are you CLEANING, getting rid of stuff, or both? Now I feel like I need to do that...

      Delete
  2. That's so cool that you booked a bunch of small trips! I love the idea of a lot of long weekends. Adam and I hardly ever do that because Cecil can't stay overnight alone, and he doesn't like going to my mom's house because she also has a cat. We booked our trip last week too.

    We wanted to go on vacation in April or early May but Adam can't get off work, so now we aren't going until late May. That's a long stretch from January to go without a vacation from work but if we can survive it will feel so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living in Central PA puts us so close to lots of interesting places to drive to... and we certainly don't take advantage of it often enough! Philly, DC, and Baltimore are two hours ish or less. NYC, Finger Lakes, Pittsburgh, Charlottesville, DE/MD/NJ beaches are 4 hours or less. You can even get up to Vermont and Boston in just under 8 hours!

      Delete
    2. That's amazing!!! Yeah, here in South Florida it's tough because it takes about 8 hours driving to get out of the state. We have done weekend trips to Naples, but the beach isn't as nice as here and it's kind of boring. We have also done weekend trips to Orlando, but unless you want to go to the theme parks there isn't much to do. My mom and I have done trips to Sanibel, but again the beaches aren't as nice and it's a sleepy little area.

      I wish we could easily get to other states. I always think it must be awesome to live in London or Paris and have so many other countries close by!

      Delete
    3. I was thinking that one perk you have is you can cruise from ports right nearby and prob get direct flights to tropical islands.

      Delete
  3. The cupcakes from the baby shower look so delicious!!

    #3 in your list!! If I didn't know you are a fan of unsolved murders, I would think you are going on a killing spree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is cool you made a bunch of vacation plans. We need to do that. There are things we keep mentioned that we want to go see and do this summer, but never write them down - and you know the summer only has so many weeks!!
    Those are some beautiful foods at the shower. I love how people make such awesome looking cookies these days. I need to learn that skill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know people can be so darn creative! You tend to pack a lot into a summer. I'm sure you'll make a list and check it all off. :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't thought about summer yet. July is a really hectic time at work, so I will definitely be taking time off in August to recover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun weekend with family! And I love PDO's... haven't taken one for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get three each year and they carry over but you can't have more than 5, so we have to take our's or lose them.

      Delete