A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Do you believe in ghosts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A couple weeks ago, Paul and I watched one of the Paranormal Activity movies. Even though I do not believe in ghosts, those movies scare the crap out of me! Ghost/supernatural movies are actually my favorite type because they can be scary without blood, gore, and violence.

Since I don't believe in ghosts, you would think I'd be able to watch those movies, be delightfully scared, and then go to bed that night and sleep peacefully without worrying about a ghost visiting me in the night, right?

WRONG!!! I am afraid of a ghost coming into my room EVEN THOUGH I DON'T BELIEVE IN THEM!!! Crazy, right? Is it sort of like how I'm deathly afraid of flying even though rationally I know it's a very safe way to travel? Maybe.
I know a lot of people believe in ghosts and I like listening to their stories. But my brain is always working and coming up with a more logical explanation than "It must have been a ghost". I did some research online, and it says about 50% of people do believe in ghosts! I feel like that's a lot of people!
Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?

And if you have seen a ghost or experienced ghostly activity... tell me your story in the comments!

7 comments:

  1. I believe in ghost, because I want to believe that all that energy that our body is and has, doesn't just cease to exist when we die. It just doesn't seem that simple to me.

    I believe we live with a ghost here at my place. My son has a Woody (from Toy Story) doll. Just like in the movie, it talks when we pull its string... and whenever the ghost plays with him. Once, Roger was walking to our bedroom, and he heard Woody say "Reach for the stars!". There was nobody in my son's room.

    Another time, my son and I were sitting on his bed, and his woody doll was with all his other toys, nobody was touching him, and he again said something. Now, remember that he has a pull string to talk, so it's not like it's a button being pushed or he talks when he senses motion. His Buzz lightyear talks too, but that's because his has buttons that get pushed when other toys move.

    We also have had doors slammed, and cabinet doors open and close. It's weird, but it doesn't scare us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WOULD BE GETTING RID OF THAT WOODY DOLL! That is freaky.

      Do you see the cabinet doors open and close? Or are they closed, and then you leave the room, come back, and they are open?

      Delete
  2. I certainly do! I’ve had some personal experiences when loved ones have passed. When my mother-in-law was dying from breast cancer, shortly before my husband called to tell me she was gone, I woke up and smelled a very strong flower scent, felt an amazing love, and then her my Golden boy Buddy barking. Dylan and I went downstairs and realized he wasn’t barking at something outside; he kept looking up the stairs, wagging his tail and barking! My husband called right after that to tell us she was gone. The night my dad passed I heard the phone ringing but didn’t feel like getting up at 2:30 a.m., and a man softly said, “Kathy you better get up, your mother is calling.” I know it was my dad, and I think my mother-in-law paid us one last visit. I’ve had many very lucid dreams about my dad that I just know are real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you for sharing that, Kathy! It must be comforting to have had those experiences.

      Delete
  3. I am literally the same as you; I don't believe in them but I am terrified of them and won't watch ghost movies because I know I won't be able to sleep for a week if I do! I guess that must mean deep down we do believe in them, but the logical side of us is always trying hard to convince us it's ridiculous?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well deep down a DON'T believe, so it makes it weird that I am scared lol.

      Delete
  4. I think I've watched one of the paranormal activity movies and while I don't really believe in ghosts, it scared the crap out of me too.

    ReplyDelete