A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Weekly Workouts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Heyoooo! 

I ran a lot this week. 6 days. And I'm running a half marathon this morning! You know what that means, right? Less running next week for sure!

My shoulder continues to feel better. I am going to lift "light" weights this coming week again, just to be safe.


Saturday- 8 neighborhood miles. I don't know why I randomly decided to do 8 but it felt great!

Sunday- Lifting upper body @ home. I was supposed to run trail in the morning with a friend, but I bailed because I got terrible sleep. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do or even if I wanted to workout. I was sort of in a funk. No sleep can do that to you. I eventually decided to lift upper body and I was glad I did. I finally incorporated pull ups back into my workout and my shoulder felt great. Sometimes my shoulder feels weird on shoulder press if I don't have the right form. And my 4th and 5th fingers go numb when I do row. Other than that... I have felt fine doing light weights.

Monday- 6 warm morning miles. No sleep again? No problem. I'm freaking running. The good part about waking up at 1:17am was that I had plenty of time to make a hardy breakfast.


Tuesday- 6 morning miles. I had some great podcasts to listen to. As soon as I stepped outside, I could just feel the snow in the air. It wasn't actually snowing, but I could tell it was going to.

Wednesday- 6 miles miles in several inches of snow. Boy did we get a lot of snow Tuesday evening and all day Wednesday. For some reason, I felt adventurous and I went out for a snowy run. It was quite difficult because I opted to run through the areas that were not plowed so I wouldn't slip. I also did two rounds of snow shoveling and made a snowman, which I am counting as part of my workout.




Thursday- 6 morning miles. Two hour delay day! It was quite icy in my neighborhood this morning- a lot more slippy than yesterday when I was running through several inches of snow. I ran over to a neighborhood I know is always clear and ran loops. By the time I got back to my hood, the sun had melted a lot of the ice and the roads were in much better condition. I did have to make some yellow snow though...



Friday- 6 morning miles. Slowwwww. That was the theme of this week. 

How were your workouts this week?
Do you like running in snow? (As long as it's not slippy.)

8 comments:

  1. I've never run in snow... I've run when snow was on the ground, but melting. I think if I lived somewhere with snow I'd hibernate all winter. Good luck with the half marathon and I hope the weather is good for it (no snow).

    Your eggs look so delicious... I love good eggs! Especially runny eggs :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do ya all call them runny eggs down there in SC? We call them dippy eggs. :)

      Nah I think you would run in snow! It's so beautiful!

      The half marathon... oh my... definitely the most interesting "race" I have run. Lots of snow.

      Delete
  2. I'll run in a light snow but if it gets too heavy it worries me. Not only am I scared of slipping but I am afraid of the cars slipping and not being able to stop before hitting me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were running a half marathon today (or maybe I forgot). I hope it went well!

    I actually like snowy runs but I did not do any of them this year. But I guess I didn't do a lot of outside running in general this year but I am going to remedy that hopefully this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really tell anyone I was running it because I was just doing it "for fun". Hopefully the weather will be nice for you this week!

      Delete
  4. I saw on your Facebook that the trail half was weird.... I can't wait to hear more about it. I read on River Runners that somebody was threaten by a man in the neighborhood... and there was talk of a gun.

    What shoes did you use to run the in the snow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup... I commented in River Runners too! It was nuts! Race Report Tuesday. I wore my trail shoes.

      Delete