A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, March 8, 2018

What a crap-tastic week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... This week has been rough... and it's only Thursday!

On Monday, I was tired from the get go because Jelly woke me up at 4:47 and I was never able to fall back asleep.

At school, some of my classes were lazy and some of them were silly. Those are my two least favorite types of classes! 

After work we had to go grocery shopping. Guys, I am NO FUN to run errands with after work. I am tired, impatient, and HANGRY. Seriously, if you want to see me at my worst, go to the grocery store with me after work.

Tuesday was even worse. Jelly woke both Paul and I up at 3:50! Around 4:30 we got up and watched an episode of Big Brother Canada before I had to start getting ready for my run. Our house was freezing because our furnace isn't working and I spilled my coffee all over the couch. Then my wireless headphones wouldn't sync up to my phone. FREAKING A!!!


Jelly, you could have cuddled with me IN THE BED!!!!

I hate starting a workday tired. It's like I'm in a hole I have to dig out of.

The light at the end of the tunnel was the snowstorm we were slated to get Tuesday evening into Wednesday afternoon. A snow day was JUST what I needed...

... and it didn't come to fruition. My alarm went off Wednesday morning at 5:30. I laid in bed until 5:47 and at that point, I had to get up. It started snowing during my run but it wasn't laying on the ground much.



Work on Wednesday was very difficult. I came home down in the dumps. The strong thing to do would be to power through the week, but instead, I scheduled a personal day for Friday.

That's right, today is my THRIDAY! Guys, I need it so bad. Jelly woke me up at 12:30, 2:30, 4:00, and 4:30. Then I gave up and got up.

Sorry for anyone who has to deal with me today. I'm in shutdown mode. Approach with caution.

13 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you are having a crummy week! It must be everywhere because my week has been pretty lousy, too! Hubby was off for snow on Wednesday, and I also had a full day of school, and the kids were bonkers! Glad you were able to take a personal day Friday, because
    Light at the end of the tunnel: Girl's Night on Friday!!! Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't WAIT to see you girls tomorrow night!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you've had a blah week! I feel like that too this week. All the hype for the weather on Wednesday did not help! I knew that we would not have a delay since the snow was not suppose to start till late morning but I was hoping for an early dismissal! We didn't get any snow yet a neighboring district dismissed 3 hours early!!! I'm still wondering what that is about. We don't have school friday so at least that's good. Enjoy your day off tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you took Friday off. That's the kind of self care that is important. Is your spring break soon, or will you not have one because of snow day makeups? It's spring break here now so traffic is crazy, the beach is crowded and my colleagues are all taking vacations with their kids.

    This week has been bizarre for me. Not really bad but weird. When I was driving home last night I honestly thought it was only Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only had two snow days and we made up one on President's Day and one day will be taken off of our spring break. So we'll have off Thurs-Mon of the easter weekend. That will be nice!

      Delete
  4. I had a crummy week last week. It's been bleak and work was no fun. As much as I hated getting sick last week, I did take Friday as a personal day. It extended my weekend and I had more time to rest. Maybe that's just what I needed, and I was run down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you were able to take that Friday for yourself. Here's to many better weeks ahead!

      Delete
  5. Aw Karen I hope you feel better soon. Rest up today, leave the housework to Kenny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO sorry...that sounds terrible! I LOVE my little dogs and kitty so much, but I couldn't function if I was woken up by them like you! You are quite amazing being able to power through your day with so little sleep, especially with a run and work. I would have to come up with some plan to keep my kitty from waking me up. As much as you love them, is there any way you can prevent them from waking you up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have definitely thought about it and we have tried different things as far as when to feed them, whether to let food out all night, etc... I just don't know what else to do. It isn't even I kick them out of the bedroom issue because if we did that he'd just scratch the door. The only rooms with doors in our small house are our two bedrooms and bathroom, which are all right next to each other. I could crate him in the basement but he would cry allllllll night and I just couldn't do that to him. I mean, I guess eventually he would stop crying... after months... I just couldn't do that to him though. It would stress him out so bad.

      He's lucky I love him so much!!!

      Delete
  7. Yuck, hate those kind of a week! I get all excited when it's Weds, because no work on Thursdays now, but the kids still get up at 6:00am for the school bus on Thurs & Fri, so that's a bit of a buzzkill on my days off! I hope your day off makes up for all of those bad days this week. "Mental" day offs are truly needed some days!
    Grocery shopping after work does completely suck. I'm with you on that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should bribe your kiddos every other week to get on the bus themselves. :) Momma needs her sleep!!!

      Delete