A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, March 9, 2018

5 Random Things About This Week

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Hey all! I am linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for Friday 5 2.0!

Today, it's just 5 random things about the week.

Here we go...


1. Paul and I started watching Big Brother Canada and we are LOVING it. The format is very similar to BBUS. One thing we don't like about the show is the host, Arisa Cox. She's too intense, makes dumb little comments, and laughs at her own jokes. I prefer Julie Chen who is more serious and neutral. 

2. We were supposed to have a snow day on Wednesday and then we didn't. It was the saddest day ever. I really needed a mental health day. On Wednesday afternoon, I decided to take a personal day on Friday. That's right! I'm off work today!

3. Our furnace is finally fixed. It wasn't working for several days and our house was around 61 degrees. That's way too cold for me! It sucked. Luckily, it was an easy fixed so now we are warm and toasty.

4. My shoulder still feels weird. Two weeks ago, I slept on my shoulder wrong and I was in A LOT of pain. Now it's only mildly sore at night when sleeping, so I think I need to get a special pillow. Other than that, when I type, drive, or color (yes I did some coloring this week) my 5th and 4th fingers go numb. I looked it up and the internet says it could be a pinched nerve. Oh boy.

5. Tonight is Girls Night!  I can't wait to hang out with some awesome ladies! I need this.


HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tell me something about your week!
What did you do on your last personal day?
Any idea why my fingers are going numb?

23 comments:

  1. O my, I hope you find some relief for that pinched nerve. On my last personal day I drove us to Baltimore! That's right, I haven't taken off since then..lol. Enjoy your day off! What will you plan to do? Any puzzles? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to think when I took my other personal day this year and I think that was it! But I only took half a day!

      No puzzles. I slept till 9 which is AWESOME. Now I am blogging, drinking coffee, and watching the news with Jelly. I plan to run, run some errands, POSSIBLY clean, and then tonight is girrrrrrls night!

      Delete
  2. I think I pinched a nerve in my shoulder/neck last week from sleeping on weird pillows. I don't know if thats what is was but it was really annoying, plus it was my right side which I use all the time! Im glad your furnace is fixed- 61 is way too cold! Have a great weekend and enjoy your girls' night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you get your pinched nerve to go away?

      Delete
  3. I'm glad your furnace is back to working! Being in a house at 61 degrees sounds crazy. We are having the opposite problem. We had a storm last night and when I woke up this morning our a/c wasn't working. Luckily the high today is only 76 but tomorrow it's 81 and if we don't get it fixed today tomorrow is gonna suck!

    ENJOY YOUR DAY OFF!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my I hope your a/c gets fixed very quickly. When that happens, in my opinion, the worst part is trying to sleep at night when it's hot. :(

      Delete
    2. SAME. When our a/c was out for a couple of days last year Adam and I had to sleep in separate beds because the body heat when the three of us (Cecil included) were in the same bed was out of control!

      I am annoyed that the a/c is broken (again) because we just bought a new compressor in December and our a/c unit as a whole is only five years old :(. I love our house but I think this is the fifth time in less than a year and a half that the a/c has gone out!

      Delete
  4. I hope you are resting on your day off! Our office was closed, and my son went to school... It was confusing, it's usually the other way around.

    Didn't you have problems with pinched nerves before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh so you have a day "off" too! No I haven't had pinched nerve problems.

      Delete
  5. Have fun at girls night! We had a massive nor'easter on Friday and then Storm Elsa yesterday so we got snow, lots of it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! I bet it was magical. I think we are getting some snow Sunday.

      Delete
  6. 61 is too cold for me too. Why is it the furnace goes out in the winter, and the AC goes out in the summer? The last time we had a big snow storm, work was only delayed, and I would've loved a full snow day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet PA is much more liberal about calling snow days than CO!

      Delete
  7. I have a lot of free afternoons recently (it's the calm before the storm with work LOL), and I have been reading a lot of blogs, many of which are new-to-me blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could so use a mental health day but I have very little PTO. I'm going to Florida next week and then a conference so I'm pretty excited about being away from work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you don't have a pinched nerve. I have no clue what to do for that, but it sounds very painful and I doubt the rehab is very inexpensive or fun.

    Glad you took a personal day, you needed it with recovering from that trail run, the shoulder issues, and the crazy week! Gotta look out for #1!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't hurt except for sleeping. It makes my fingers go numb. SO weird. I got a special pillow today so we will see how that works.

      Delete
  10. I would definitely think there is a pinched nerve causing the numbness. Have you tried a massage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't tried that yet. I got a special pillow today.

      Delete
  11. Girls' Night! I haven't had one in forever, but I am going to see my bff next week, so .... WOOT!

    ReplyDelete