A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Weekly Workouts!



This week, I finally figured out what was going on with my body. At least, I think I did!


Saturday- REST! Paul got a vasectomy on Friday, so I would have felt too guilty if I had gone for a run or went to the gym. Also, I feel like I am on the brink of injury. It may be all in my mind but... I'm treading lightly.

Sunday- REST! Still treading lightly. Paul let me see his stitches. OUCH. He really did take one for the team.

Monday- 6 miles. It didn't take long for my lower back to hurt and then my groin. SOMETHING is going on between my lower back and my hip. (Groin pain = hip pain.) I did a quick google search and scanned a sports medicine article. The two can most definitely be connected. Okay, time to figure this thing out!


Tuesday- 2 deck of cards workouts + lots of lower back and hip stretches + foam rolling. I stopped doing couch stretch when I had that nerve issue last year. Couch stretch is like the BEST stretch for my hips. I read if your hips are tight, they can pull on your lower back and make it hurt.  I think that is what is going on with me because all of these runs where I have felt groin/hammy pain, it was accompanied by pain in my lower back. Why did it take me so long to make this connection?

Wednesday- 5  miles run. I stretched my hips/back before, during, and after this run. It went better than any run I have had for the past week and a half. Maybe I have figured out what is going on... 

Thursday- 5 more miles with stretches and foam rolling. This run felt better than yesterday's, although it was very hot!


Mid run stretch!

Friday- 5 miles. It was so hot and I was so tired. I felt a little tight during my run but fine after. I think the hip and back stretches are helping. We'll see what the future has in store!

How were your workouts this week?

7 comments:

  1. You are so dedicated to your stretching! No runs for me this week as I concentrated on biking. Not sure how well that is going though..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if stretching lets me have a good run, I will do it!

      Delete
  2. Last year I forgot how bothersome tight hips can be! Without running my hips were loosey goosey all year, and as soon as I started running 3 days a week again the tightness came back. I have to go through a full hip opening routine at least 5 days a week to keep mine happy otherwise I first feel tightness it in my right IT band and then a couple hours later in my hips. I'm glad the hip stretching is helping you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Did you post your hip opening routine on your blog? I just does pigeon stretch, couch stretch, and a couple things for my back. It's working *for now*. Going to attempt 8 miles today... hilly miles!

      Delete
  3. Great job on the stretching. I do ton of warm-up but could be better on the post-run stretching/cooldown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well to be honest the only reason I am doing so much of it is because I was all jacked up!

      Delete