A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

My colleagues

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Last week, I listed some things I would NOT miss about the school year. Today I wanted to share something (well, someONES!) who I will miss dearly this summer.

MY COLLEAGUES.

Guys, I can't express to you how thankful I am to work with such a dedicated group of people. We are not only dedicated to our students but we are dedicated to each other.



East Pennsboro Elementary School is a family. My colleagues have my back and I have their's.

When I got my job teaching music at EPE, I had no idea I would work with so many amazing people. I learn something different from each one of them every day.

To my EPE Family: Have a great summer and I will miss you!
Tell me about your colleagues and your personal connections at your workplace!

8 comments:

  1. That's so nice! I also really like my colleagues. I honestly never really, really liked my coworkers before this job so I definitely consider it a perk to work with people I like. And more importantly people I feel like I can depend upon. One of my coworkers and I have a ton in common - and are going to the Taylor Swift concert together this summer. We put a meeting notification on our work calendars to block off time so we could buy the tickets when they went on sale because we were afraid they would sell out lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is awesome to like your coworkers! Teaching at EPE was my first "real" job out of college and I was only 22, so it wasn't even on my radar as something that would be important to me. But after 13 years there I am so thankful for the relationships I have built and the people I would have NEVER met if it weren't for me working at EPE.

      The Taylor Swift concert sounds so fun! I know you love her. Remember when you snapped me all those songs to watch? I remember there was one I loved but you didn't like. I said it sounded similar to Lady Gaga, which is why I liked it.

      Delete
  2. I work from home but I did work in the corporate office, for the same company, before moving here. I had a lot of friends in the office, and I still do consider some of them friends... but it can be a lonely life when you're remote! I miss our random lunches in the office and things like wedding/baby showers, as well as the fundraisers we did and Adopt-a-Highway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days I wish I worked from home.. the days I don't feel like talking to anyone! But I absolutely see how it could get lonely. I think the perfect job for me would be 4 days with people, 1 day alone! Although you can't really be alone when you're a teacher except for summer!

      Delete
  3. Loving the people you work with is a definite plus and can make all the difference in how you feel about your job! I'm glad that you enjoy your colleagues so much! I am very blessed where I work as well. The people there make it a great place to work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love the people at your work too! We all really need each other.

      Delete
  4. I love my coworkers! I have made so many connections and friendships -- it's what makes work great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you have those awesome connections! It really makes a difference.

      Delete