Oh my, I wrote this list over the course of several days and it just kept getting longer and longer and longer...
Here is a list of all the "fun" things I want to do this summer!
1. Take advantage of free entertainment. There are free concerts all over Central PA. Whether they are at parks, colleges, or wineries, there are opportunities at least weekly for us to take advantage of.
2. Schedule some day trips. Washington DC, State Parks, and Annapolis are a couple places I can think of off the top of my head.
3. Visit Knoebel's at least twice. We love going with my family and we usually like to go alone once too.
4. Take Paul's niece and nephews to Hershey Park. We did this last year and it was a blast!
5. Reconnect with friends. I am a hermit during the school year. Randy, Maren, get ready because I want to hang out!
6. Take my nieces and nephew out with Auntie Megan and Uncle Paul! There are some carnivals and Popcorn Hat Players shows I am looking at. I'm going to keep scouting for fun activities for 5, 3, and 2 year olds.
7. Kayak! Paul's parents have kayaks and we can borrow them whenever we want. It is quite a rigamarrow to drive to his parent's place, get the kayaks, put them on my car, drive to the creek, drop Paul off with the kayaks, drive a couple miles away and park the car, run back to Paul and the kayaks... AND NOW FINALLY 2 HOURS AFTER WE LEFT OUR HOUSE, WE GET TO KAYAK! But I want to do it again.
8. Go to the Mutter Museum. This will probably be a trip I take on my own as Paul has absolutely zero interest!
9. Go to Red Rabbit! We went for the first time last summer and we want to go again.
10. Wineries! Who wants to come along!?
11. Go to the pool! There are several pools in our area. We don't want to become members because we wouldn't go enough to make it worth it, but we do like to go once or twice a summer.
12. Go to local carnivals and festivals.
What's on your summer bucket list?
Do you think I'm missing anything?
Do you think I'm missing anything?
What are popcorn hat players?ReplyDelete
I always make a "chores" to do list over the summer but I guess I need to make a "fun" to do list too!
It is a theater group that performs mainly for kiddos. Yes definitely make a fun list! Put me on there. :)Delete
I've been to the Mutter Museum and it's awesome- you'll love it. I went on a college trip to Philly years ago. I'd LOVE to go back!ReplyDelete
Oh it's so good to hear you enjoyed it!Delete
Looks like such a fun list of things to do! I love summer so much -- there is honestly nothing about it that I do not like because Colorado has the most perfect weather!ReplyDelete
And Colorado is one of the top two most beautiful states! (Sorry, you have to share with Cali!) Depending on my mood, it's either a tie or Colorado wins by a nose. So I guess that's an overall win for CO!Delete
it's certainly not the best state for everyone but it sure is for us!Delete
I don't have a bucket list, but I do have some fun things planned. We're celebrating my grandfather's 90th in July, going to the CO Shakespeare Festival at the beginning of August, and the cruise. I also want to take advantage of my neighborhood pool.ReplyDelete
90! So freaking awesome!Delete
That looks like a busy summer! I'm sure the parents to the nieces and nephews will be glad to have their kids out for adventures!ReplyDelete
Is there an easier way to do the kayak? driving all around sounds like a lot of work.
We are working on our list for things to do for the summer, so far we have Gettysburg, Valley Forge and DelGrosso park, and those are mostly just for my son. We also have a daytrip planned for the Millersburg ferry and ice cream.
Because Paul can't drive, it is unfortunately the easiest way to do the kayaks. :(Delete
MILLERSBURG!!!! Have you done the ferry before? Stop by the Ned Smith center and walk the trails. There is also the Colonnade movie theater in Millersburg!
Great list! I can't wait for summer shenanigans (although I won't have any time off, bummer!).ReplyDelete
But you live in freaking California so YOU WIN!!!!!!! :)Delete
Your summer sounds fun! I'm also trying to enjoy the heck out of summer. I'm climbing a 14er tomorrow, going to Cabo for the weekend with my girlfriends, and hoping to get in all the mountain time I can over the next two months!ReplyDelete
Oh my gosh have so much fun tomorrow!!! Which 14er?Delete