A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, June 21, 2018

The Trump Presidency is Worse Than I Thought It Would Be

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Yesterday, I was stretching and foam rolling before my run. I did this in my nice, clean, air conditioned house. My belly was full. I wasn't thirsty. I felt safe. My cats slept peacefully on the couch. The sun was shining. My life was good. As perfect as could be in my little world, here in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania. In the United States of America.

As I prepared for my run, I was watching Morning Joe on MSNBC. I watched a story that was broadcast about a mother  and child who endured a three month journey from Honduras to come to the United States to seek asylum. But they had not entered yet, as the mother feared her child would be taken from her. They were left in limbo in Mexico. They were frightened and had no home. The mother had a decision to make. Go to America and have their family torn apart, or go back to Honduras and possibly die?

And I just cried. I ugly cried. I cried because the world is not fair. It is not fair that I have more comfort, food, money and family than I could ever need. In the grand scheme of the world, I am EXTREMELY blessed because of the simple fact of the country I was born in. 

When compared to the millions of people in the world suffering, I have MORE THAN I COULD EVER NEED to live a safe, happy and content life.

It's not fair, and I hate it. IT IS NOT FAIR that so many of us have so much and others have so little. I hate it. Why can't everyone in the world have exactly what we need to feel happy and safe?

I have screamed and cried as I read articles about infants and toddlers being separate from their migrant parents. THESE CHILDREN ARE BEING TRAUMATIZED AND THERE IS NO REVERSING THE DAMAGE THAT IS BEING DONE TO THEM. Can you just imagine? I know it sucks, I know it is painful, but right now, just imagine your young son or daughter, niece or nephew, grandchild, or student being torn away from their parents indefinitely.

I don't have children, but I have nieces and nephews. Just the thought of one of my nieces or nephews being ripped from their parents arms, not understanding what is happening, wondering what is going on and wondering where their mommy and daddy are.... I just can't take it.

I can't fucking take that we have a president that would let this go on for over six weeks.

I can't take that this has already happened to over two thousand children.

I thought the Trump presidency would be bad. I truly never, EVER imagined it would be this bad.

12 comments:

  1. It is really bothering me too. This is the kind of thing that really eats at your heart. I don't care what someone's political affiliation is- seperating children from parents is never okay! I am not a Republican but even my Republican friends are outraged about it (thankfully not every Republican out there blindly supports him, at this point I don't think a lot of the people who voted for him still support him, I hope they regret that vote but anyway).

    I still remember the morning after election day and waking up, and not wanting to get out of bed or check my phone because I knew in my heart what had happened... and ever since it has been like living on a reality TV show with what he will do next, seemingly EVERY DAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I remember that day too. It was absolutely horrible. It was dark and rainy. I will remember that day and that feeling for the rest of my life.

      Delete
  2. Yes, on my mind now is what happens to the kids already separated from their parents? What happens to the kids already "lost in the system"? What happens to the kids already abused? Who will pay for their therapy to help them through the trauma they have endured? I'm glad that Trump signed an EO to stop the separation of families, but there are still so many kids and families to account for. And also, I'm definitely wondering what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not over at all. And even if the kids are reunited, they are still traumatized forever. I see kids at school who have dealt with trauma. It is heartbreaking.

      Delete
  3. I hear you, girl. I am so, so fed up with this administration. I didn't think it could get this bad... but I realized, there are a lot of things in government with actual laws attached, a lot are just rules or "common sense" and so there is no authority to hold DJT accountable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really scary how much power a president has... so long as his party in congress supports him.

      Delete
  4. His presidency has been truly horrific from the moment he stepped into office. HIs blatant violation of human rights is a nightmare come true for so many... Muslims, Mexicans, Transgender people, Immigrant children... and he has no plan on stopping. How is the rest of the World looking at the USA now and thinking about the horrible humans are being treated here. I get so sick thinking about all the horrible things he has done, and get sicker to imagine what is still in store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine how it could get worse but it probably will. Never imagined seeing kids torn from their families.

      Delete
  5. I am so frustrated, heartbroken, angry....this man is just a monster and I cannot believe he "runs" our country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a monster. And tonight he is out campaigning, when he could be focusing on fixing the mess he created.

      Delete
  6. What bothers me even more than Trump--and trust me, the man makes me physically ill--are that people are defending him. Who are these people? Who would wish ill on another person, especially a child? They are saying that some of the children may never be reunited with their parents. But wait, Trump is cutting medicaid. So who's going to help these kids with all the mental health issues this is going to cause? Horrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some of them are evil and racist, some of them turn a blind eye because he protects things they do care about and the things he is destroying do not affect them, and then there are some who support him blindly even when his policies DO hurt them because they are so susceptible to believing his lies. It is very concerning.

      Delete