A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Weekly Workouts!



I wasn't expecting it to be a fun week of workouts, but it was! I'm trying to take advantage of summer and run/hike at new places.


Saturday- Lifting at home. I didn't really feel like it but I hadn't lifted in over a week so it was time. Jelly helped.


Sunday- 8 hilly miles at my old stompin' grounds. This was such a beautiful run despite the pouring rain!


Monday- 5 mile hike on the Appalachian Trail in Swatara State Park. We did a small section I had done already and then a section that was a little longer and new to both of us. It was BEAUTIFUL. So green and luscious!




Tuesday- 8 miles again! I ran almost the same route as Sunday and took lots of pictures! Paul walked while I ran, then I picked his ass up out in the middle of nowhere. He walked far!



Wednesday- 2 deck of cards workouts at the gym. OMG PLANET FITNESS WOULD YOU PLEASE TURN ON THE AC!!?? I also did inverted rows on the TRX cables to get my pump on...




Thursday- 6 miles at Spring Meadows Park in Boiling Springs. We found a new disc golf course and the park had a running trail as well, so it was a DG/Running date. It turns out the trail was much more awesome than just a paved path around soccer fields. There were some offshoots into cornfields and over roads and streams! I was in heaven! It was sooooo beautiful!






Friday- 7 miles at Spring Meadows again. I went by myself this time and wanted to do some more exploring. This is my new favorite spot! Who wants to come run with me? It would also be good for biking but I don't have a bike...


How were your workouts this week?

8 comments:

  1. My workouts this week were nonexistant! PRP does that- I'm not really supposed to do any repetitive motion with my hamstring, so that knocks out most cross training. I did some upper body work yesterday and plan to do that while I recover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lifted upper body every other day after knee surgery. It kept me semi sane. Hang in there, Amy! I know this has been a long road for you.

      Delete
  2. amazing photos! I have only seen the appalachian trail in photos from following scott jurek - looks incredible!

    this week has been good with workouts but not exactly on target. my foot was really sore (I have an ongoing foot issue) this week so that kept me from walking at lunch and as for the AM workouts I planned... that was pure not wanting to get out of bed that made me skip them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh foot problems stink! I get PF from time to time. Rest up!

      Delete
  3. So did Paul even know where he was at when he was in the middle of no where?

    That path looks lovely and reminds me a lot of our rail trail here. By the way, I know this is late notice but I am free on Tuesday if you's want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Paul knew where he was! He was just like 3 miles from the car. :)

      Delete
  4. Is this Boiling Springs trail by the park? I think we just saw it the other day.

    ReplyDelete