I don't race a lot. There are several reasons...
1. I am a commitment-phobe. The thought of signing up for something months in advance? Eek!
2. They cost money! Except trail races. Those buggers are cheap! Or free.
3. Racing/training can be stressful. But that's the whole point, right? Running can't be all fun and games. Wait I minute, yes it can!
4. I feel like I need to "prove something" with every race. I put a lot of pressure on myself. THIS IS STUPID. Who do I think I am? Kara Goucher? I seriously need to get over myself.
5. I love the feeling after a good race, but I thoroughly enjoy running just for the enjoyment.
That being said, I am dreaming of running a race right now! It's been quite awhile since I nosed around online for something fun to run. But that's what I have been doing the past few days. A fall marathon is out of the question, but a late October half could be in the cards. Trail runs are also an option. I love a good fall trail run.
I am not at the point where I am ready to sign up for anything. Remember, I am a commitment-phobe. I could wake up tomorrow and decide I don't feel like racing at all. But I am dreaming of getting back in the game!
What websites do you use to search for races?
PA Friends: Any ideas for races within an hour or so of me?