Lisa @ Running Out of Wine posted this Running Survey a few days ago, so I decided to jump on the bandwagon! That way, even though I am not running a lot, I can still talk about running!
JuSt AnOtHeR RuNnInG SuRvEy!
1. Would you rather run along a beach or a mountain trail? Since running in the sand is hard and running on the boardwalk is impossible because there are so many people (I don't understand why people do it!), I would much prefer a trail run.
2. If you could choose the flavor of Gatorade for your next race's aid station, what would it be? I don't care at all about Gatorade flavors so it would not matter to me! The only time I drink Gatorade is during races.
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would you buy? Can I request that the gift card is for runningwarehouse.com? Then I could buy two pairs of running shoes with the gift card instead of one pair!
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide how far and how fast to run? When I am training for a specific race, I like to plan things out so I ensure time in my schedule to lift. But when I am not training for anything, I go with the flow. I don't race a lot, so it's generally go with the flow for me!
5. Would you rather start your run with an uphill and end with a downhill or vice versa? I would rather end with an uphill because I'd be thoroughly warmed up and I would know the end is near!
6. When you can't run, what kind of cross training do you choose to do? Obviously it depends on the reason I cant run, because many times the cross training activities I enjoy also aggravate my injuries! So I will just tell you the cardiovascular things I do instead of running: biking, hiking, walking, Zumba, Arc Trainer, HIIT.
7. What's your preference- out and back, point to point, or loop runs? LOOP RUNS!
8 If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, what would it be? Quality running shoes.
9. Do you ever see wild animals while on your runs? In Pennsylvania, you see a lot of deer. One day I saw 18 deer, and one day I saw a beautiful buck on the top of a hill. All I could see was it's shadow because the sun was rising behind him!, and I saw a fox that lives in my neighborhood. Then of course, I have seen a handful of snakes.
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run? I have gotten lost on the road and on the trail, but never to the point where I was lost for a long time or I was in danger.
11. If you could have one meal ready and waiting for you when you get back from a run for the next 30 days, what would it be? Oh my I have no clue. I prefer cereal after a run but that is no fun!
12. Capris or shorts... what do you run in most often? I never run in capris! So pants mostly, but shorts if it is like 45 degrees or higher. I am known to wear shorts with a long sleeve shirt and gloves. My legs are ready for the elements before my dainty little arms and hands!
14. What do you put your key in when you run? I either tie it to my shoelace or I wear a pack around my waist and I put it there.
15. If you could relive any race in the past, which one would it be? Harrisburg Marathon, 2012. It was my PR and second BQ. I was really prepared for the race and it was one of the best days of my life!
17. What has been your biggest motivation lately to go outside and get your run on? I actually haven't felt motivated lately.
18. When you go for a run do you leave right from your front door or do you drive somewhere? 90% of the time it's my front door.
Your turn! Answer some of the questions in the comments below or fill out the survey yourself and post it on your blog! I would love to read your answers!