A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, February 13, 2015

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... 

I will make this short and sweet, friends!

Ever since Paul's surgery on February 4th, I have been worried about what the pathology results might be. The doctor's preliminary thoughts were positive, but you don't know anything until pathology results are in.

Well, his surgeon finally gave us the news! The tumor is still a Grade Two !!!!!!!!

THIS IS VERY GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are on top of the world. We don't always get good news. But yesterday, it was OUR TURN to hear something good!

I feel like I want to scream, clap my hands, stomp my feet, and smack Paul's butt all at the same time. (Seriously, I kept smacking his butt on our way out of the hospital like a crazy woman. I guess when I am happy I want to SMACK BUTTS.) IT IS LIKE I CAN NOT CONTAIN MYSELF.

When I woke up this morning (dark and early at 3am), my first thought was, "Is this a dream, or is it real??" IT IS REAL!

If you hear any random hootin' and hollerin' today, that is me, over here in Pennsylvania, letting alllllll my happiness out!

11 comments:

  1. That is fabulous news!!! Waiting for results like that can be scary. I'm so glad you guys heard something positive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I am so happy for both of you that you finally got some good news!!!! Now you can celebrate Valentines Day and relax without anything else on your mind.

    Whoooooooooo whoooooooooooop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beyond good news! The best news ever. I am so happy for you and will do a happy dance for you + Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHOO! So happy to hear that you got good news!!!!!!!!!!

    Now go have an awesome Friday and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME! So happy for you. NOW ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND! Breathe--exhale...ENJOY

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no idea what grade 2 means but you sound thrilled so I'm very happy for both of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grade Two means it is still a low grade tumor and has not changed to a high grade. Low grade tumors are generally slow growing. High grade tumors grow fast and don't stop.

      Delete
  7. WooHoo!!! Glad that it hasn't progressed. So excited for y'all and your good news!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such wonderful news! I am so happy for you both. I'm curious what type of he has-is it an astrocytoma?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has a glioma. He had a debulking surgery a year and a half ago. They got A LOT out (it was really big) but there is still disease in there around his blood vessels that they just can't touch for risk of stroke or paralysis. All that junk has not grown at ALL since, so that is really good. A new area started to grow in his temporal lobe- they watched it on a few MRIs and finally decided to take it it just to make sure it was still Grade II. Plus, it was at the point where they could get it ALL out, and they did. Well the results are in and we feel like we have a new lease on life. I seriously wake up every morning wondering if it was a dream, but no, the news is TRUE and we are so happy. (Funny, because when we first discovered Paul's brian tumor, I would wake up and wonder if this is all a nightmare. Funny how your definition of "good news" changes over time... When we first discovered his grade II tumor, I thought I would never be happy again. Now we find out it's still grade two and I'm like, OKAY LET'S PARTY, LIFE IS GOOD! :)

      Delete
  9. AHHH HOORAY!!!! You guys must feel sooooooooooo ecstatic and relieved! Even Grumpy Cat is happy!!!!!! I'm soooo happy for you both!!!

    ReplyDelete