A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, February 20, 2015

I signed up for my first VIRTUAL RACE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

(And I clearly have way too much time on my hands... making that font all crazy colors!)




I barely ever race, let alone virtual race, but I recently signed up for Kristina's Race For Paws 5k/10k.



You should really consider signing up! All of the proceeds go to PAWS Chicago, which is the largest no-kill shelter in the Midwest.

I am sure you all know I am an animal lover. I wish every animal was as pampered and loved as my little Christmas and Jelly. I know I can't save every animal, (Paul won't let me haha!) but making a donation to PAWS is the least I can do!

Now I just need to figure out when I'm running the race. I am definitely not shooting for a PR! This will be a "fun run" for me. I'm being careful at the moment...

I wish my cats would walk on a leash. Then you better believe I'd be walking the 5k with them! I could get them their own Garmins, sweat bands, and Cat Gu!

But seriously, Paul and I are looking for a new Cat Condo for them. They have had a small one for years, and Jelly still loves it, but we want to spoil them. We almost bought one that looks like this at Big Lots the other day....


No, we don't mind if we are THOSE WEIRDOS.

Are you running Kristina's race For Paws 5k/10k?

Have you ever run a virtual race?

What's the most expensive thing you have pampered your pet with? Christmas just got his teeth cleaned, that was pretty damn expensive! But now his mouth smells like oranges. He's worth it!

19 comments:

  1. Most expensive thing I have pampered my dogs with? Probably taking them on vacation with us--finding pet friendly condos etc.
    I am signed up for the virtual race. I am hoping to run OUTSIDE, but the way things are going...
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had dogs I would definitely bring them on vacation with me too! Obviously not as easy as cats! But we do get a cat sitter who sleeps overnight... which is expensive too!

      I want to run the virtual race outside, too! We have a 2 hour delay tomorrow due to the extreme windchill- -25 degrees!!!! I am mad I wish it would warm up. Heading to the treadmill....

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for signing up!!! I wish Cecil would walk on a leash too. He used to sort of walk on one when he was younger ... as in he would talk a few steps and then he would see a squirrel and run back to the front door ;) He's gotten progressively less brave since then. I really think I am going to get him the pet jogging stroller though! I know I've been saying that for a year now, but I just saw a Groupon for one http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-yooki-pet-jogging-stroller!

    I don't think you and Paul are those weirdos ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't view your link because it would automatically make me go to Harrisburg Groupon. BUT I googled pet jogging stroller and I did not know they made such things!!!!! I wonder if my cats would like it, or if it would be a tease, you know? I could see myself buying a $180 stroller and then Christmas cry the whole walk because he wants out. Cecil seems a little less high maintenance to me and I think you should get him one!

      Delete
    2. Ohhhh! I thought the pet jogging stroller was available nationwide so you could see it. The cost is only $54! I'm going to order it tonight!

      Cecil is a pretty roll-with-the-punches kind of cat, I think he's going to like it... but I could see him hating it too. Cats, man! You just never know!

      Delete
    3. WHAT!? I am not savvy with groupon but I am going to try to find it!

      Delete
    4. Okay found it. And ran it by Paul. He vetoed. And I agree. He thinks it will make them crave the outside more, and I have to agree. Also, I think it will make Chrissy pee more. Oh well. I guess if I wanted to take an animal on a walk I should have gotten a dog!

      Delete
  3. Good luck!! Virtual races are such an interesting trend. I've never done one before either.

    I love that your cat is named Chirstmas :-) I've noticed a lot of us run bloggers have cats, and sometimes dogs, and tend to be animal lovers. Maybe because we are out in nature so much on our runs we can't help but have respect for other creatures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may be it! Many are also teachers or in education, but then again, that could just be ME being more likely to follow runners that are teachers too. :)

      Delete
    2. I've also noticed that a LOT of running bloggers are teachers! I've always wondered why that is. It's a significant enough number that I'm thinking there has to be some sort of phenomenon behind it. Maybe teachers are drawn to an outlet like running that lets them blow off steam from being around 30 little kids all day? And educators are naturally drawn to the written word? Or maybe because teachers love social media and Pinterest for finding and sharing classroom ideas, so blogging is a logical extension of that? Who knows :)

      Delete
    3. I've noticed a lot of run bloggers are teachers too and have always wondered about that!

      Delete
    4. Teachers LOVE pinterest hahahaha! (I never figured out how to use it.) But yeah, I'm gonna go with the whole "needing to let off steam" thing.

      Delete
  4. I've also noticed that many of these running blogs are sort of educational in nature - workout tips, training tips, recipes - so I guess it follows that this would naturally attract people who are, well, educators!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done a few virtual races when I was training for my first half. They usually give pretty cute medals and with some you can win prizes when you submit your time. Plus they usually benefit a good cause. Win-Win.

    Most expensive thing we bought our dogs? A swimming pool ( a real one). Our Labs Love to swim! I got Baylee's teeth professionally cleaned too ( she has awful teeth for a dog for some reason). I hated how they had to put her "under" for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like it either, I was worried sick all day. :(

      Delete
  6. I'm doing the 10K in Kristina's virtual race - just not sure exactly when and definitely not planning to push the pace too much because I don't want to take any chances right now with the high mileage I've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A friend of mine has a leash for her kitty...The cat loves to go outside but then just plops down under a bush and takes a nap! She doesn't "walk" very well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never done a virtual race but I definitely need to sign up for this one!

    ReplyDelete