A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Weekly Workout Re-Cap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 Just so you know, I haven't felt like listing it, but I do knee/hip/glute strengthening every day as well as stretching. I warm up and cool down before every workout. It is a great part of my routine now!


2/10- Lifting Chest. I was pretty sore after this one because I did 5 sets of everything instead of 4. Ouchy-wa-wa!

2/11- 5 easy miles. I was nervous leaving Paul at home so I looped our block 9 times to make it 5 miles. Talk about a late Groundhog Day.



2/12- Rest. We went to Baltimore to find out pathology results. I was too nervous to workout beforehand and I was too happy to workout afterward! Instead, I ate some gummy fish!

2/13- 5 FREEZING MILES!!!! It was -8 with the windchill. I still managed to have a good pace even though I was bundled up like a marshmallow. Thank you, rest day!


(My Garmin screen is not cracked. That's cat hair.)

2/14- Lifting! The gym was super crowded so this workout took me a long time.



I threw in this ladder workout at the end for shits and giggles. 
My arms and legs were shaking like crazy. I miss that feeling!


2/15- REST. The windchill here in PA was -33 and snow was blowing everywhere. Plus I was extremely sore from yesterday!

2/16- Dreadmill run. I was still feeling DOMS from Saturday  but my knee felt great before and after the run. I am cautiously optimistic!


I messed with the speed throughout the run... 
worked my way up to a 7 minute mile and then back down.


2/17- Chest workout in my sun room. We had a two hour delay so I kind of went slow. Nothing too interesting to report other than push ups are always more fun while watching Dr. Phil!

Try my ladder workout! It is a limb shaker!

10 comments:

  1. That ladder workout looks great (but tough!) That will be good to try if I'm stuck inside later this week due to the cold...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I had to go run on the treadmill again today. I do NOT like it but it was 5 degrees... 10 is my cutoff.

      Delete
  2. Kudos to you for getting out there in crazy cold! I have been stuck inside here because of cold too. I used to think that 10 was my cutoff, but with the winter we are having, 10* is starting to seem plausible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny how our threshold changes as winter progresses!

      Delete
  3. Nice job this week! Your runs are looking awesome so I'm guessing you must be healing up quite nicely! That's exciting!!

    As a sidenote, your post from yesterday reminded me how much I hated two hour delays in school. I know everyone else loves them, but I thought they were such a tease. If you're going to make us go to school, then let's just go early and get it over with. There's nothing I hate more than having to wait around to go to school or work. But sleeping in is nice, I must admit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, by post from yesterday I meant your 2/17 part of the recap, which was yesterday.

      Delete
    2. I am feeling better! I mean, I am not ALL BETTER, but I haven't had pain the way I used to. It is improving. I am hopeful :)

      Yes I think you are the only one who doesn't like delays! See I like delays because we don't have to make up delays. Although it is sometimes hard to get everything done. :(

      Delete
  4. What does a ski jump look like?! I am carefully saving all your workouts so I have a good repertoire to turn to for crossing-training this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jump from side to side with both feet together. Hold a weight if you want to. Can you picture it?

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you like my workouts :) I made this one up as I went along. Seriously I was like, okay... 3... ummm... sit ups! Sometimes that is fun, though :)

      Delete