A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, February 2, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


I had a relaxing, yet productive weekend!
All weekend, we were wondering if we would get all the snow they were calling for...




I was the craziest teacher in the world on Friday. Crazy in a good way. I was just so jazzed it was the weekend, the kids were in a good mood, and I had fun lessons to teach. (I guess if I don't have fun lessons, that is my fault, right!?) Anyway, work was a breeze and I was surprisingly still energized by the time I got home.

That night, we had game night with our friends Geoff and Bree! We ended up talking most of the time and then played a rousing round of Quiddler, where Bree kicked our asses!

Bree, Geoff, Captain Tiny Cat, and Sprout (their fur babies)
Not pictured: Their actual baby. (She was sleeping!)


Can we talk about how long my hair is getting!?

On the way home, Paul and I stopped at.... Wendys! It was actually my decision. I got a 6 piece nugget, but when I got home and dumped them on my plate, I realized I had the hunger that called for a 20 piece nugget. Oops!




This was the first night in awhile that I got some solid sleep! When I woke up, Paul and I were super lazy around the house. We played cards and watched Jeopardy. I was really looking forward to the day because I had nothing on my agenda, and that's just what I needed this weekend.

Paul went to a Hershey Bear's hockey game with a friend, so I had the house to myself all night! Here is what I did...


I cleaned and organized my closet!


I blogged!
(Notice the litter box in the dining room...)


I did a photo shoot with Chrissy!



I made and ate guacamole!





I had a really bad night. I guess since I slept in so late on Saturday, it affected my sleep that night. I slept from about 9:30-10:30, but then laid awake. I played Scrabble, read, got on the computer, but nothing made me tired. At 2am, I took a sleeping pill. The last time I remember looking at the clock was 2:53...

I hate taking sleeping pills because they make me sleep forever. I am tired, groggy, and have no appetite the next day. I got up around 11, fueled myself with this tiny piece of chocolate, and had the most "foggy" run ever. (My head was foggy, not the weather!)


Not the best fuel, but I felt weird!



Still managed a strong run and my knee felt good.



Besides that piece of chocolate, I realized I hadn't eaten in 18 hours!
I made up for it by housing 4 blueberry toaster waffles!


Then I cleaned the house. You know you need to clean when the bottom
of your black socks look like this...


I had another night all by my little lonesome because Paul went to a Super Bowl party. I stayed home with the kitties, did my own thing... which included Night at the Museum (eh), Joan Rivers' book, Diary of A Mad Diva (hilarious), brownies that Paul forgot to take to his party (delish), and my kitties (adorbs).

What do you like to do when you have a night all alone?

12 comments:

  1. When I'm alone for the night I'll usually cook something that my husband doesn't like, and lay on the couch in my pajamas the whole time. I usually won't even turn on the TV because I have a hard time picking out stuff to watch on my own...so if I can't find a movie or show that I'm familiar with then I just use my laptop the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having the house to myself! My favorite thing to do when Kevin is gone is watch all the stuff I love but he hates: my Full House, Roseanne, and Golden Girls reruns and Hallmark channel movies.

    I had the same problem with sleeping pills making me groggy (I would have a sleeping pill hangover until noon when I would take them), until I switched to just taking melatonin supplements. Not only do they really work - I sleep like a log - but there is no grogginess hangover. They do make me want to sleep forever though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several people have suggested melatonin to me and I actually just ran to the pharmacy over my lunch break... they only had 5mg tablets though and I wanted to try a smaller dosage to start, so I'm going to hit up a different pharmacy on the way home! I don't like the idea of them making you want to sleep forever, but at least no hangover!?

      Delete
  3. I organized my closet too! I did a lot of work inside while waiting for the snow to fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love doing stuff like that on snow days. :) Closet organizing is way more fun than cleaning or something. :)

      Delete
  4. If I'm home alone for the evening I usually turn into a complete slug - I either watch a movie or chick TV!!!
    I hate taking sleeping pills, too - Chris keeps telling me to take Ambien CR because I never sleep through the night but....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like chick TV is what most people do! :)

      Delete
  5. I love having a night alone once in awhile. Matt is so weird about it though. Like, he thinks people will think we're "in trouble" if we don't go to parties together every time haha. But I love sending him off to family/friends and having a night to just veg once in awhile. I usually spend it reading and going to bed ridiculously early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny! Guys think differently, sometimes. :) Paul and I do a lot of thinks independently. I mean I definitely missed him, but I would rather be alone than go to a Super Bowl party. ;)

      Delete
  6. Captain Tiny Cat! What a cute name!

    I don't like having the house to myself, I like when Adam is around! I'm sappy like that. When he isn't home I usually find a show to marathon on Netflix and eat pb out of the jar ;)

    ReplyDelete