A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Oh yeah, I have a spin bike…

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


I could not figure out what I wanted to do for a workout on Tuesday morning. It was -2 degrees, so running outside was not an option. I did not feel like driving to the gym and running on the treadmill. I wasn’t due to lift, I did some HIIT about two days before, and the day before I took a lower body rest day… I was kind of stuck and didn’t know what to do! (AKA I was being a high maintenance princess.)

Suddenly, it occurred to me- Wait I minute! I have a spin bike!



I use to spin all the time. But a little over a year ago, before I had knee surgery, spinning really aggravated my knee. I think it was due to the repetitive motion. I haven’t gotten on the spin bike since! For over a year, my spin bike did what most exercise equipment does… It collected dust in my guestroom and served as something to hang my clothes on!

I figured it was as good a time as any to test out spinning and see if it aggravated my leg. I always get bored on my bike so I made sure to break up the workout with a warm up, some steady riding, a couple intervals, and a cool down. It wasn’t as intense as a spin class (those rock my world!), but at least it was something!



The good news is my leg felt fine the rest of the day, and now I have another option for those mornings when I need to do cardio but am being super high maintenance about the temperature!
Do you have any exercise equipment that collects dust?

15 comments:

  1. Do you have to use special spin shoes on the spin bike? We have one at our gym that no one ever uses. I'd like to try but the pedals look intimidating?

    I used to have a treadmill that collected dust! That sort of amuses me since now I think I'd be really happy to have my own personal treadmill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some spin bikes you clip your shoes into. Mine is not like that, but the pedals are still kind of spiky- not flat. So I don't wear my current running shoes on the spin bike. I will wear an older pair of running shoes. Good question!

      Delete
  2. I am very happy to say that I use everything that I have. I used to have a treadmill that I used 3x per week for about 6 years but then decided I am not meant to run on a 'mill and my PT ended up buying it. I also have a rowing machine, a spin bike, a weight bench and power tower and free weights. My bike does get more dusty in the summer because if I have a choice of riding inside or outside....well, you get the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have some awesome equipment! I have never rowed but I would like to try it.

      Delete
    2. I always row after I run. I only row 10-15 minutes but it's enough to stretch me out and also work my upper body and core. I LOVE IT.

      Delete
  3. That's great that you reunited with your dusty spin bike ;) I don't really have any exercise equipment at my house, other than my tri bike on a trainer. Sadly, the equipment that collects the most dust are my free weights. How easy are they to use and how lazy am I for not using them? I should just commit to 15 minutes a day... or every other day to make it easy on myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well for one, you are not lazy because you train really hard! I would have a hard time figuring out how to correctly fit weight training in with tri training!

      Delete
  4. Fun that you busted out your old spin bike.
    I tend to use all of my exercise equipment - no dust on my treadmill but I should probably clean all the sweat off of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you use yours, I see it in your Daily 45s! :)

      Delete
  5. I have a doorway pullup bar that I always forget we own! But I wish I had a treadmill or stationary bike OR a stairmaster...maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely like a treadmill :) I always feel awkward on a stairmaster!

      Delete
  6. I bet it comes in handy if you ever get snowed in or the roads are really bad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to have exercise equipment at home (if you can afford it); you can perform your exercise routines any time of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We should not delay taking proper health care. Author is an expert of abs workout, visit here for more interesting information.

    ReplyDelete