A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

"Weekly" Workout Re-Cap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I didn't do a lot of exercise this past week or so since we were in the hospital for several days. But the bright side of that is that my body got to rest!


2/1- 5 miles.



2/2- 5 miles. No picture!

2/3- REST!

2/4- REST!

2/5- REST!

2/6- REST!

2/7- 6 miles, lots of stretching, mobility, and knee strengthening exercises. I did none of that in the hospital. My leg felt great before and after my run.




2/8- A little bit of everything... 2 mile run, lifting upper body, stretching, mobility, and knee strengthening. This was all done at home so I could take care of my man!




2/9- 5 cold, rainy miles. My leg felt very strong the entire time, though! When I got home, I caught up on some episodes of The View and did some knee/glute/hip stuff.



Now that I'm back home, I need a little more focus to my workouts! On the one hand, I'm excited to get back on track, but on the other hand, part of me couldn't care less! Life has been stressful lately.

17 comments:

  1. Its good to take a break every once in a while! But great job getting back on track when you got home, especially with you mobility/strength work. After a break thats the hardest for me to get back to doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, I think it is part of my routine enough that if I workout, I do my other "boring" exercises too. I do dread it from time to time and have been taking one day off of it a week, just as a "reward" for doing it the other six days! haha. But now that I have taken such a long time off, I won't take a break for awhile.

      Delete
  2. I always slack off at doing the "boring" exercises. I am trying to make it a routine when I sit down to watch TV with the kids to do it then...
    You needed the break!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that was a little bit of everything! How did you feel after that? I think workouts like that exhaust me more than long runs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt great! It wasn't an Oh No, It Snowed Workout or anything... ;)

      Delete
    2. I did the Oh No workout last week .... I hadn't done it in a while and forgot just how freakin hard it is!!!! OMG!

      Delete
    3. I should do it soon! I think you have done it more than me. :)

      Delete
  4. Nice job getting back on track!! I'm sure the extra rest made your body feel refreshed.

    As a sidenote, I'm really impressed with how consistent your run paces are! Seems like I'm always seeing the same pace in your Garmin pics - nice job! I'm terrible at pace consistency, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I think for the most part the paces you see are my "happy pace". Unless I try to run faster or for some reason I need to ease up on my pace, I usually hover 8:10-8:20.

      Delete
  5. Sometimes I think it is good to just listen to your body and do whatever feels good that day instead of following a set plan.
    Hope Paul is still doing good with his recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, maybe I should just chill out a little. :)

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you're ready to get back on track and that the stressful week is hopefully over!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad to hear everything went well with your husband's surgery! I worked as a first assist (I am a Nurse Practitioner) in Neurosurgery for over 2 years with a brain and spinal surgeon, so I spent endless hours in the OR with cases very similar and know how very stressful such surgeries can be. I am also happy to hear the your pain has subsided and you are feeling great on your runs. All your diligence and hard work with stretching, strengthening and resting has really paid off ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eugenia! And HERE HERE TO NURSES who take care of our loved ones!!!

      Delete
  8. Oh I hope your shoulder feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete