A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, February 23, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

It was a snowy weekend in Central PA!
I had fun mostly just chilling at home with Paul.
Here is what I was up to...




Friday started with a two hour delay! The best part was that we got the call the night before, so I knew I would have extra time in the morning. The reason for the delay? The crazy windchill temperature! Is was about -25!!! Seriously, when I left the gym after my treadmill workout, my hair was still wet. Within ten seconds it was frozen. I am not joking!

I messed with the speed a little bit! Worked my way up to a 6:58 pace and hung there for a mile and a half. Then I worked my way back down. It was uncomfortable (not my knee- BREATHING!) but I did it!


Friday night was wild and crazy. It included a trip to Wal Mart, a new kind of boxed wine, and an entire season of Survivor rented from the library. The Michael-Cooneys really know how to live it up!!!!


What!? A Friday night in our robes? No....



Thanks to an early morning wake up call from the kitties, I was able to get a run in before it started snowing!


It was 8 degrees. What does one wear on a run that is 8 degrees?
I'm so glad you asked...




I spent most of the day researching and booking hotels for a vacation we are taking this summer. More on that, eventually! I don't want to jinx it. Remember the Hawaii fiasco? Yeah, that's one of the things I think about when I lay awake all night. 

We ate dinner while watching Survivor. Mine was a salad with a turkey burger on top with a side of sweet potato fries!








The cats woke me up dark and early. It was okay, I was sort of excited to start my day. Drink coffee, relax, shovel some snow, get a good workout in...



I started off with some lifting and mobility work.




I ran entirely too much so far this week, so to grab some endorphins and let off some steam, I did my Snow workout 4 times. I took substantial breaks in between to gear up for the next round because this workout is NO JOKE!


Here are my splits...

Round 1- 7:56
Round 2- 7:13
Round 3- 7:03
Round 4- 6:27

The kitties hijacked my towel during one of my breaks.



That afternoon we went to my brother's house to play games. Check out my niece, Clementine, doing the Macarena...



That night we had dinner and watched more Survivor. In case you care, it's Season 3- Africa, rented from the library. I saw it when it originally aired 14 years ago, but forgot a lot of it. It is a really good season! Our definition of a really good season is when there are people you like and people you hate. It's almost as fun to root against someone as it is to root for someone!

Oh, I wanted to leave you with a beautiful video... Feeling stressed? Feeling anxious? Need your heart filled with warmth? Watch Christmas clean himself. It will soothe all of your ails.

Tell me something fun about your weekend!

17 comments:

  1. So. Many. Layers. The warmest thing I've ever run in is a long sleeved top that is super sheer and lightweight. That's my cold weather top!

    Clementine's little kitty onesie is adorable. I wonder who bought that for her ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would THINK I got that for her but I didn't! :)

      Delete
  2. It felt like -20 on Friday here too and schools were closed! Anytime I was outside I felt like my face was instantly getting frostbite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are much more forgiving of your kitties waking you up early than I am. I get SO MAD when they do that. I know it's on purpose!! hahaha.

    That snow workout looks intense. At first when you said snow workout I thought it was a workout you do in the snow. I was like, oh hell naw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL omg that is funny! That workout is hard enough, I can't imagine doing it in the snow. That would be insanely hard.

      Delete
  4. Your kitties are the best! I can totally relate to the hair freezing unfortunately. :( When I run outside, my braids usually freeze from a mixture of sweat and precipitation. It hurts when it also freezes to your toque and begins to pull, ouch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I am so glad you found my doppleganger!

      Delete
    2. Owww! I looked at the 2 week forecast and it looks like after this week PA is done with the crazy cold weather. I can't believe Sunday is March 1st!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to try that snow workout when I cut back on my running!!
    We just started watching Survivor about 3 seasons ago - I should rent the previous seasons sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should! If you need suggestions on good seasons, hit me up!

      Delete
  6. HAHAHAHA! That video of Clementine! How adorable. One of my proudest teaching moments was teaching a student the macarena. I wish I could post video, because it's pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Friday night style. I have been living it up with Parenthood lately. I can’t wait for the new season of Survivor to start. My husband and I always refer to our Walmart trips as an “adventure” because you just never know…

    I can’t believe how cold it is in your neck of the woods. It is all over the news every day, and I can’t help but wonder why our side of the country is not getting any snow. We actually really need it or we will be in store for a lot of drought and a bad fire season.

    Does this mean you are going to be going to Hawaii this summer!?! You guys deserve it and I hope that your plans come to fruition!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT MY SURVIVOR SISTAH!

      We can't make it to Hawaii this summer. We want to wait until it is super safe for Paul to go and do lots of physical things. Because when we go to Hawaii we want to hike, snorkel, and do all that stuff! :) But I have a pretty awesome vacation planned anyway....

      Delete
  8. LMAO that video of Clementine! I love her little facial expressions!

    ReplyDelete