A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, February 28, 2015

My Lunchtime Routine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


This is my lunchtime routine on a work day...
(If you missed my morning routine you can check it out here!)





My last class of the morning ends at 11:45 am. At that point, I have all the students lined up and I start putting my materials away from their lesson and start getting materials out for my class after lunch. Once their teacher comes and picks them up, I sink into my desk chair and check my email. I just kind of zone out for a few minutes, relishing the peace and quiet.





If I have any "personal" business to attend to, I do it now. I'll text Paul, pay bills, comment on a blog or two... whatever. I just need to veg!

Around 11:55, I trek upstairs to the faculty lounge. I get my lunch out of the fridge. I either have chicken and broccoli, chicken and sweet 'taters, or chicken, broccoli, AND sweet 'taters. I don't mind having the same thing each day. I am so hungry that I couldn't care less.





I warm my lunch up in the microwave and relax with the other teachers that are eating their lunch. Most of the time I just listen to them chat. I know, I know, you are probably thinking- wait a minute, you are a big mouth, why aren't you talking!? Well, my lunch time changed and I now eat with teachers I don't know as well, so most of the time I just listen.

At 12:10 I usually clean up, fill up my water bottle, and head back downstairs to my classroom for my 12:15 class. If I manage my time well enough, I even have time to stop at the bathroom!





And that is my exciting lunchtime routine!
Tell me about your lunchtime routine!

11 comments:

  1. I almost always eat tuna sandwiches (I probably have mercury poisoning at this point) and either watch House Hunters or HHI on Hulu. Love that show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went through a phase when I just suddenly started eating a lot of tuna. Then I found out about mercury poisoning like a month after that and was like... dang, I'm living on the edge! I bet your body has built up a tolerance for it. I remember reading that it does that.

      Tuna is yummy, and I bet HH is so relaxing to watch and veg out to during lunch!

      Delete
  2. That's a good idea. I should walk during my lunch when it is warm out again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 27 minutes for lunch. Once my 5th period class comes in and I hand out lunch cards and send them to the caf, I have 20ish minutes. I eat in the lunch room and check my phone. I like most of the teachers I eat with but after talking all morning I like to be anti-social at lunch haha. At 12:00 I pee and get my room ready; my kids are back by 12:04 and ready for class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a true teaching schedule! Is that why you don't eat a whole lot for lunch?

      Delete
  4. I usually eat at my desk. Teachers never have enough time for a relaxing lunch break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not! But you know what, I'd rather have a shorter lunch and get the work day done with quicker, you know?

      Delete
  5. You have to pack so many things into a short lunch period!

    I usually read blogs, eat and then possibly make a run to Starbucks for a hot tea. My office stocks coffee but not tea, which is a total shame. Sometimes I make a Target run and do some shopping if I need something specific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we have in-service days we get an hour lunch and I usually always run errands when that is the case. It is great to get shit done and then not have to do it after work. Plus it really breaks up the day!

      Delete
  6. We have 25 minutes for lunch, starting at 1:00, at which point I want to eat my arm. I usher the kids out and slap in daily participation grades for our little homeroom period that's before lunch, fill my water bottle, and try to get to the teacher's lounge before the guy who always brings frozen dinners that take seven minutes to microwave. I heat up my lunch, talk to my colleagues while we all shovel our food, and hustle back to let the kids back in. So exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember trying to get to the lounge before everyone hogged the microwaves! Now my lunch starts in the middle of 2nd grade lunch so everyone has warmed their shit up first. But yeah, I remember the struggle!

      I would be dyyyyyyying by 1pm. I eat at 11:45am and most of the time I still need a snack beforehand.

      Delete