Friday sort of sucked. I had a great work out, but I was super stressed and anxious at work. I was really looking forward to coming home, but when I arrived, I got the Friday Night Blues. My Friday night was not good. The silver lining, though. was getting an email from the Boston Athletic Association stating that as long as the info I sent them regarding my qualifying time is correct (which it is) I have been officially accepted into the 2014 Boston Marathon. I'm very excited. I've had my hotel room booked for months... It's right behind Fenway Park. Like, right behind. We're practically in the stadium.
On Saturday I wasn't feeling too terrible, but I didn't feel great. I still had a headache and sore throat, but I was SO TIRED. I did manage to do a little studying in the morning. Then I went to the Hummelstown Arts Festival to visit my mom and sister-in-law, who are both crafters. I did some Christmas shopping at Debby Dabbles... I love her stuff!
When I got home, I knew I had to run, but I didn't feel like it. I was just so tired. And I was mad. I wanted to have a lot of energy and go on a long, beautiful run. Alas, I only did 7 miles, but I went at a 7:30 pace, which is not bad considering I was feeling pretty yucky.
My post run meal. 12oz skim milk w/ vanilla whey protein and sweet potatoes!
Then I had lots and lots of errands to do to prepare for the week. I even got a tiny bit of Christmas shopping done. I know, I'm crazy.
First display of Christmas decorations spotted at Ross!
Saturday night, I was supposed to go see an improv show, but I just wasn't feeling great. I ended up laying on the couch most of the night and hitting the sack really early.
On Sunday, some wonderful things happened...
1. I cleaned the entire house!
2. I did every piece of laundry in the land!
3. I ran 10 miles at a 7:30 pace- EASILY. I felt GREAT.
4. I listened to an awesome pod cast featuring Danielle Reyes from BB3. It was interesting to hear her take on all things Big Brother. Plus, I love her voice. I could listen to her talk alllllll daaaaaaay.
5. I got A LOT of studying done. A LOT. I still have anxiety about falling behind, but it has been lessened due to the work I put in today.
6. I met my friend Jen for dinner at Wegman's. We talked each other's ears off, had yummy food, and THIS happened:
No, we did not plan it. We're just AWESOME!
I hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing weekend! What did you do?