A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Good Tuesday Morning to you! I hope you had a long and fabulous holiday weekened! I guess now that Labor Day has come and gone, it's officially Fall. It's always a little exciting to have cooler weather and see the leaves change color. But I'm still a summer girl. I had a great weekend. I had lots of yummy food and saw a lot of friends. Here's what I was up to...


Thursday


Thursday was my "Friday" since we didn't work on Friday. School wasn't too crazy, and when I got home, I only had one piano lesson to teach. Woohoo!

That evening, we celebrated my survival of the first week of school by having drinks, dinner, AND dessert on the deck at TJ Rockwell's. I have been wanting to try their sticky bun dessert for years, and I finally got to! It was AMAZING. Talk about a treat!



Paul got the beer sampler. He's so happy!




My dirty martini was disgusting. 
There was way too much olive juice and not a single olive! 
I drank it anyway.




We shared chili...



... and a sante fe quesadilla (chicken, corn, black beans, cheese...yum!)



And then the grande finale- a warm, syrupy, walnut-y sticky bun 
topped with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. 
WOW. WOW. WOW.


Needless to say I was STUFFED after this meal (I'm used to eating a billion small meals a day, not 2-3 big ones) and I actually ended up not having breakfast until 2:30pm the next morning! I think I really confused my body...

We were SO looking forward to watching the live eviction on Big Brother when we got home Thursday night, but CBS wasn't airing it until 1:30am due to a stupid Steeler's pre-season game. We were way too tired to stay up that late.


Friday


My body must still be adjusting to actually having to work all week, because I slept until 12:30pm Friday afternoon. Even at that point, I still could have kept sleeping! But I decided to join the land of the living. I had blogs to write, anatomy to study, and errands to run.



I broke my 16 hour fast with this huge bowl of Special K Protein Plus topped with blueberries!


Then I had another huge bowl before my run. I got in 8 hilly miles while Paul played disc golf at Willow Mill Park.

When we got home, we finally watch Thursday night's Big Brother eviction. I am ecstatic that Julie confronted Aaryn about her racist and homophobic comments. Let's just hope she confronts GinaMarie, Amanda, and Spencer as well.

I didn't make it to bed until 3:30am. That's what I get for sleeping half the day away!


Saturday


Well, even though I didn't go to bed until the wee hours of the morning, I managed to get up at 7:30am on Saturday morning! I had no particular reason to get up, I was just awake and felt well rested, so I figured, why not!?

I lifted upper body at the gym, and then ran some fun errands- including a random trip to Burlington Coat Factory! I scored some exciting deals, most importantly, this awesome dress:



It doesn't look like it is very fitted here, but it is once it's on.
$12.99!!! Can you believe it!?



I also got these cute sandals for only $7! 
It's a little late to wear them this year, but they will still be in style next summer.



Probably the most exciting find of the day was Rice Krispie Treats Cereal from Big Lots.
I haven't had this since COLLEGE!!!
This cereal is basically broken up Rice Krispie Treats. There's nothing "cereal" about it!
There's tons of sugar in it... looks like this will be dessert!!


That night, my friend Randy came over and we hung out. And if I remember correctly, I won a few hands of Monopoly Deal...

Sunday


I did my hilly 9 miler on Sunday morning. It was pretty dang hot, so i wasn't as fast as I would have liked to be, but I was working hard! This is what fueled my run:



Sandwich thins topped with pizza sauce, cheese, garlic, pepper, and oregano!


Then, I cleaned the WHOLE HOUSE! It is such a great feeling of accomplishment to have that done for the week!

That evening, I went to a Labor Day picnic/pool party and had fun playing Loaded Questions with some of my work friends. I learned a lot of interesting things about the party guests...

I had to stay up REALLY late Sunday night to pick my husband and his friend up from a bachelor party. I am officially wife of the year. You can send me cards.

Monday


Wow, this weekend was long! I'm not complaining, though! Let's have 3 day work weeks and 4 day weekends all the time. Who's with me!?

I did not feel like going to the gym at all for some reason, so I did a lower body workout in my carport instead. I incorporated two new exercises- Bulgarian split squats and the hip bridge.




Skip to 1:25 to see the hip bridge.




This is the Bulgarian split squat.
Erin Stern is so freaking gorgeous!


Then I went shopping- which turned into CHRISTMAS shopping! I prefer to get presents when I see them. Why wait? I just put them in my closet and let them accumulate as Christmas approaches. You will NOT see me scrambling in December, trying to get my shopping done.

Monday night was filled with getting things ready for work on Tuesday! I have 4 piano lessons in the evening too, so it will be a little exhausting. At least I had a nice long weekend to relax!


I hope you had a wonderful, LONG weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment