A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, September 12, 2013

A "Holy Balls!" moment at the gym yesterday!!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Yesterday at the gym, 2 super exciting things happened! One was a "Wahooo!" moment. The other was a "Holy Balls!" moment.


1. I hit a PR doing standing dumb bell shoulder presses. Somehow I went from being barely able to eek out 8-10 presses at 17.5lbs, to being able to comfortably do 2 sets at 20lbs!!!

Wednesday's Shoulder Press PR:  12 reps @ 17.5lbs, 10 reps @ 20lbs, 8 reps @ 20lbs.

Wahooooo!

I don't know why I was able to suddenly increase my weight so comfortably. Maybe all the pull ups I'm practicing?? I'm really excited though. Shoulders are one of my favorite muscle groups to work.

2. Whilst doing a glute bridge at the end of my workout Wednesday morning, my stomach was flexed and HOLY BALLS I HAD A SIX PACK! Not the little 4-pack I have been sporting for the past several months, but a LEGIT 1-2-3-4-5-6-pack!!!!

I've been working toward a 6-pack but I haven't been super strict about it. For instance, I eat ice cream, drink vodka, and add salt to everything.

I sort of forgot about the excitement until I got home from work. (What can I say, work is c-raaaaazzzzy!!!!) Then I decided I wanted to see if my little dingers (that's what I call my 6-pack) were still there. I did a glute bridge. Yup! Still six of them! Even after eating like 1200 calories so far that day.

Unfortunately, if I want my little dingers to show when I'm NOT flexing, I think I would have to cut my body fat percentage more. And stop eating ice cream, drinking vodka, and adding salt to everything.

But what kind of life is THAT!!??



Have you had any gym successes lately???

No comments:

Post a Comment