A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Planet Fitness at 4:30pm suuuuuucks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Ooooooh I miss Planet Fitness at 6am! That's when all the chill people go. Today (well, yesterday technically) I went to Planet Fitness at 4:30pm. I knew it was going to be bad, but it was the only time I could get to the gym. (Had to make sure someone could chill at home with my hubby. Still don't want him home alone!)

The benches, free weights, smith machines, and cable machines were jam packed and it was hard to work in and get done what I needed to. I didn't get to bench because there was simply no room, but that's okay. Next time.

I get annoyed pretty easily when the gym is crowded. Luckily, I didn't flip out on anyone, but there were a few annoying things about my experience at Planet Fitness during this particular 4 o'clock rush hour....


1. There was an 18 year old boy who was HOGGING the 20lb dumbbells for at least ten minutes straight. He wasn't using them, he just had them hoarded by his protein shake in the corner so they'd be ready to use at his convenience. I was too much of a wuss to ask to use them.

2. Also, why do people carry protein shakes around the gym? Just properly fuel yourself BEFORE your workout and refuel AFTER. You don't need to bring your dumb GNC protein shaker all over the gym with you.


3. Then there was the guy that smelled like an Italian sub. GROSS! Put on some deodorant, Dude. I shouldn't smell you as you walk past.

4. All the mats were being used so I had to do my planks and side planks right on the gym floor. Ow! My arms are sure to be bruised tomorrow.

Somehow, I still managed to get a great upper body workout!


Here's what a did!


Pull Up (Singular. Still can only do 1!)
Assisted Pull Ups
Dumbbell Chest Press
Cable Row
Push Ups
Stability Ball Pass
Shoulder Press
Dumbell Bicep Curl
Cable Tricep Push Down
Planks
Side Planks


I wanted to do some pull up practice at the end but there were a bunch of brawny men at the pull up machine and I didn't feel like waiting, so I washed my hands (a must!) and flew out of there.

I had a hot Survivor date with my hubby that I did not want to miss!


What are your favorite upper body exercises?

No comments:

Post a Comment