A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Races I Would Love To Run!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... I don't run races much anymore. This year I ran three- which is more than I probably ran in the past few years combined! I did the Harrisburg Marathon, Dick Fralick River Run 5k, and the Harrisburg Mile. My next race I have planned is Boston, 2014- if registration doesn't fill up before I am allowed to register! I'm not sure if I'll run anything between now and then.

Most of the races I have run are local or semi local. It's just cheaper and easier that way. There are several races I would love to run if I ever have the time and financial means to do so. Here they are, in no particular order. (Sorry, I know that is a cop out!)


Races I Would LOVE To Run!



1. San Francisco Marathon, San Francisco, California


Date: July 27, 2014
Price: $105 (not bad!)
Course Highlights: First of all, you run across the freaking 
Golden Gate Bridge! Also, the course takes you through the Presidio, 
Golden Gate Park, and the entire waterfront including the 
Embarcadero, Pier 39, and Fisherman's Wharf.


I have a special place in my heart for San Fran! My hubby and I traveled there
last summer and it was a vacation of a lifetime. The city and surrounding areas
are gorgeous. When I win the lottery, I'm moving there!



2. Big Sur International Marathon, Big Sur, California


Date: April 27, 2014 (But sold out for this year!)
Price: $150 (WOWZAAAA!)
Course Highlights: The course stretches along the scenic Route 1 from 
Big Sur to Carmel. Just take a look at the gorgeous scenery...


 A picture we took during our Route 1 road trip.



Me and the hubby on Route 1!



It was impossible to take a bad picture. Everything was GORGEOUS!




3. New York City Marathon, New York, New York

Date: November 3, 2013 (SOLD OUT!)
Price: $216 (Whoaaaaa ummm, okay, nevermind, I don't want to run it THAT bad!)
Course Highlights: The course goes through all five boroughs and ends in Central Park.
Getting In: For guaranteed entry, a woman my age needs to run a 3:10 marathon. 
Holy smokes! That's A LOT faster than Boston's qualifying time. 
Otherwise, you get in via a lottery drawing.



4. Stinson Beach 50k Trail Race, Stinson Beach, CA



Date: October 26, 2013
Price: $70 (trail races are always way less expensive than road races)
Course Highlights: Stinson Beach, the Dipsea Trail, and Muir Woods National Monument

When we were in California, Paul and I hiked in Muir Woods, chilled on Stinson Beach, 
and I ran part of the Dipsea Trail. Everything was absolutely gorgeous. It would be so cool 
to run a race that took in all of this scenery!



5. Silver Falls Trail Marathon, Silverton Oregon



Date: November 2, 2013 (SOLD OUT!)
Price: $45
Course Highlights: On the trails of Silver Falls State Park, runners will encounter
several bridge crossings as well as many gorgeous waterfalls. Rumor is you even get to
 run UNDER a waterfall!





Date: November 9, 2013
Price: $110
Course Highlights: The course traverses the beautiful Catalina Island where
you can see buffalo, bald eagles, seals, and palm trees. The website says you run through
3 different ecosystems!



WOW. Now I REALLY feel like traveling to one of these places. A girl can dream.....


Are there any awesome races you suggest I check out?

What races would you love to run?

No comments:

Post a Comment