A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Stability Ball - And PC's Tips!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... I recently bought myself a stability ball at Marshall's. It was $7 on clearance! You can't beat that. It's pink and cute!

There are so many horrible things you can do with a stability ball! And when I say horrible, I mean it in a good way! I will demonstrate a few awesome ways you can incorporate the stability ball into your ab workouts. (You can use the ball to help train other muscle groups, but I am focusing on abs today.) Some of these exercises I have been doing for awhile and some I recently tried.

Exciting News!!!! This blog is going to a whole new level! I started looking up videos on Youtube that demonstrate the different exercises. But then I thought, why don't I demonstrate? If I can talk the talk, I better walk the walk! If I look like a hot mess doing some of them, sorry! I strive for good form and to engage my abs as much as possible.

** Special thanks to my hubby, who is now the official director of videography for MegGoRun. 
He is extremely thrilled about it... ***

Note: These videos are low budget!


1. Stability Ball Knee Tuck
Works chest, arms, lower abs
Tip: Move your knees in slowly and steadily.
Modify It: If you don't have the balance or strength to tuck your knees, just hold the plank position. 
As you get stronger and feel more balanced, start tucking your knees- slow and controlled.




2. Stability Ball Weighted Crunches
Works core
Tips: Use your core to sit up, not your back.
Modify It: Do not use a weight or use a lighter weight. 




3. Stability Ball Pass
Works lower abs
Tips: Just breathe. I always find this exercise really hard!
Modify It: The slower you pass the ball, the harder it is!




4. Stability Ball Push Up
Works chest, shoulders, core
Tips: Make sure your push ups are slow and controlled so you don't lose your balance!
Modify It: If you position the ball higher up on your legs, it makes it easier.


Note: I just tried push ups this way and I really like it because it alleviates pressure on my knees!



5. Pike
Works chest, arms, core




6. Stability Ball Standing Plank
Works chest, arms, core
Tips: This is a lot harder than a "normal" plank but it's a great challenge!


Note: It looks like my butt is up in the air but I swear it is an optical illusion.
My body was aligned!


And now, a special workout tip from my hubby, PC!!!
On location at Little Buffalo State Park!




How do you use a stability ball in your workouts?

Do you want to see more PC Tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment