A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, August 17, 2013

YOU Are An Athlete!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Today's post is inspired by this quote:




I agree with every word.


When a friend of mine starts running, or if they went for a run for the first time, they usually are excited to tell me about it because they know I run. Sometimes, they preface it with saying, "I'm not a runner, though."

Ummmmm.... YES YOU ARE!!!!


Did you go for a run? On purpose? If so, CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'RE A RUNNER!!!!


In my opinion, the only qualification to you becoming a runner is that you went on a run. Period. End of story.


It doesn't matter how far you went, how fast you went, or what you wore. If you went for a run, you're a runner. Welcome to the club!


Don't be afraid to try something new, start working out, or go to the gym because you feel you are not an "athlete". You'll just be holding yourself back! Everybody has to start somewhere, and there is nothing wrong with that.




You don't have to look like this to be an athlete:



File:Kara Goucher Boston 2009.jpg



Don't hold yourself back.


4 comments:

  1. Agree... I tend to be very self deprecating because I am not as fast as I want to be but I am faster than a lot and I do need to own it and give myself credit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! If we waited until we reached all of our goals to call ourselves athletes, that would be ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to be a great trainer, Megan. Great post.

    ReplyDelete