A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, August 23, 2013

Ask Meg Go Run: How do I keep up a healthy lifestyle at college?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Question: I recently started exercising and eating healthy. I'm doing this to achieve a healthy lifestyle as well as lose weight. I've been doing brilliantly so far, but I go back to school in September. I'm definitely a stress eater- and I'm going to be more stressed than ever this year with all the exams coming up. I don't want to lose my progress or put all the weight back on. Also, I'm worried I won't have time to work out as I'll be tired from classes and studying. Do you have any tips that could help me maintain what I'm doing for when I go back to school?



Answer: 

Great question! I think I can help you. First of all, congratulations on the healthy changes you have made so far, and your determination to keep up. Here are my suggestions:

1. Look at your schedule and plan your workouts accordingly. It may be best to get them in first thing in the morning. That way, you don't have to wait until the afternoon or evening when you may be tired, overwhelmed, and more likely to skip the session. Treat your workout as a permanent part of your schedule. You wouldn't skip a class, right? Then don't skip a workout. It's just as important.

2. Keep healthy foods in your dorm, in your backpack, etc. That way, you always have something healthy to grab when you're in a pinch.

3. Do NOT get caught up in what others are doing. Focus on you. If people judge you for not ordering pizza at midnight of for not drinking alcohol, or urge you to stay up late and miss your morning workout- DON'T LET THEM PRESSURE YOU. It's your life, your health. You have to do your thing. Do not let others judge you for that.


The fact that you are looking for strategies to help you stay on track before a set back occurs makes me confident that you have what it takes to continue your healthy lifestyle! Keep up your hard work and let me know how it goes! 



If you have any fitness questions for future Meg Go Run posts, leave me a comment, or email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment