A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, August 2, 2013

Self-Control FAIL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Okay readers, I am about to blow your mind with this cutting edge, one of a kind, blow your mind diet tip:


Don't keep junk food in your house. 
If you keep junk in your house, you're more likely to eat it!

I'm sure this thought has never occurred to you before, right?

Remember that episode of Sex and the City when Miranda threw the chocolate cake away because she didn't want to keep eating it? Well that didn't stop her! SHE TOOK IT OUT OF THE TRASH CAN AND ATE IT ANYWAY! That's why one of the best things we can do is set ourselves up for SUCCESS. If there's no chocolate cake in the house, you can't eat it, right?

But the problem is, I like junk food. I like healthy foods too, but I make room for treats everyday. Usually it's ice cream, but sometimes it's something else. That means, we have junk in our house. I just did a quick scan of our fridge and pantry and right now we have tortilla chips, fudge stripe cookies, ice cream and Clancy's Party Mix. (Aldi brand generic Chex Mix.)


Oh, the Party Mix. It's something I never crave until it is staring me in the face. I bought this particular bag when I was picking up food for our cat sitter. "Oh, here is something he can snack on," I thought. Except our cat sitter didn't eat any of it, and now the bag is in my pantry. So guess what I've been having a handful of every night before I got to bed? CHEDDAR PARTY MIX. If it wasn't there, I wouldn't eat it. But it's there... and my self control is failing me! At this point, I should just throw the bag away.



This whole Party Mix debacle made me realize there are some foods I can have in my house and eat in moderation (It took me until two nights ago to finally finish the bag of Mike & Ike's my husband got me for Valentine's Day) and there are some foods in which I CANNOT CONTROL MYSELF around and they just can't stay in the house for more than a night or two.

These foods include:

1. Brownies. I just stand over the counter with a fork and eat them out of the pan.... until half the pan is gone.



2. Ice Cream that is NOT vanilla/fudge swirled. Any "fun" or "fancy" flavor is just too yummy and I can't stop myself with just one bowl.
My Nemesis.

3. Party Mix. I never want it until I see it. And then half the time I just eat it right out of the bag... which is terrible because then there is no portion control!


4. Ooey Gooey Butter Cake. This is an AMAZING recipe, and I highly recommend making it. But then take the leftovers into work the next day so you are not eating Ooey Gooey butter cake every night for the next week.


So I ask you, what foods do you refuse to keep in the house because you would totally eat them out of the trash can?

2 comments:

  1. I have a binging problem . I can't NOT buy it...but I literally eat EVERYTHING VERY late late at night...like I'm eating 40 grams of dark chocolate per night (and that is just the start...). I'm 32 and can't exercise due to physical issues...so ashamed :( Feel so alone and shamed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, there is nothing I refuse to keep in the house. You Megan, have more self-control than most people I know. I admire you for that. Now where are my M&M's?

    ReplyDelete