A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, August 26, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... 
It's Monday! My first day of school with the student. Now that I'm back at work, I am going to try to make the most of my weekends! Hopefully, that means more interesting "Weekend Wrap Ups"... but who knows!?

Here's what I was up to...


Friday


Friday was a lifting day! I headed to Planet Fitness. I can't say it was bright and early, but I can say it was DARK an early. Oh, how I wish it was light out during my morning workouts! I'm glad to be back at PF with the morning crowd, but for some reason,  people talk to me WAY more in the mornings than they do in the afternoon. I don't think anyone has said a word to me at PF all summer. I prefer it that way. I want to get in, focus on my workout, and get out. Well this morning, a gentleman struck up two conversations that annoyed me greatly.

I was warming up on the mats with some jumping jacks and push ups (old school, I know!) when the man hopped on the Lat Pull Down machine next to me and said, "So did you take a month off or something?" I explained that no, I'm a teacher, so in the summers I don't go to the gym as early. "Oh, so you're back to work now?" he asks. "Are you one of those teachers who complains about going back to work?" he asked with a little smile. I don't know if he was trying to be funny or what, but that's not funny to me. It's annoying. "No, I like my job," I answered, and continued with my jumping jacks.

Then he got me again while I was resting between sets of pull ups! I was writing down the amount of weight I used as I went along, and he goes, "Oh I wouldn't write down what I'm doing. I never write down what I'm doing, I just come in and do what feels right. I don't like to stress myself out, I do worse that way. I wouldn't write anything down if I were you."

DID I ASK FOR HIS ADVICE?

I just smiled and nodded, did a little chuckle, and continued with my pull ups. Luckily, that was the last he talked to me that morning. Unfortunately he is there a lot, so I will have to find a way to avoid him... suggestions welcome. (I do have headphones in, he seems to not care.) I just know that if I was a guy, he wouldn't be telling me how to workout.

Work on Friday was pretty simple. I had the whole morning to finish setting up my classroom and write lesson plans. I managed to get everything completely ready for the first six days of school. Woohoo! I stayed in my room for lunch and finished some things up and studied. I figured, the more I studied at lunch, the less I would have to study on the weekend! In the afternoon, we had a district wide meeting about how to keep our schools safe. It was very informative and I really liked the speaker.

After work I was exhausted because I had been staying up way too late and getting up way too early. I took a 4 hour nap! When I awoke, I was ready for some fun, so I met some work friends at Dockside Willies for a drink. That place is HOPPING on a Friday evening. There was a band and everything.

When I got home, my hubby and I got caught up on the latest episode of Dexter. I have been disappointed with the recent episodes. I feel like they are trying to make Hannah McKay a sympathetic character and she's NOT!

Saturday


On Saturday, we did our weekly disc golf/running date, except I didn't run. I lugged some dumb bells, a kettle bell, jump rope, and stability ball to Willow Mill Park and did circuits while Paul played disc golf. I would tell you about my awesome workout, but I am going to save it for a future post!

That afternoon, I visited with my family at my brother's house. He grilled some yummy chicken. I have to start marinating mine! It was fun to see my family and play with my niece.



I took a selfie of me and my niece.
Since there's two of us, maybe it should be called an "ussie"?



She talked ALL evening. I think I caught her mid-word!



Tyler is great at grillin'!



Mmmmm chicken!

Sunday


Sunday morning I did a 7 mile tempo run at a 7:25 pace. It felt GOOD! Then I went hiking with my hubby's family. We did a section of the Appalachian Trail starting at the top of Peter's Mountain.



The kids made sure we all had walking sticks.



What a view!




The next up and coming rock star... Princess Giggles!
AKA Timothy Cooney!


Me and the hubs.


I was exhausted after our crazy morning, but I had to do some grocery shopping for the week, clean, do the wash, and prepare my food for the next day. The key to eating healthy at work? TUPPERWARE!

Then I did some studying, whooped Paul's arse in Monopoly deal, watched Big Brother (YAY Elissa!!!) and ate this YUMMY dinner...


I call it a POWER MEAL.
Quinoa, ground turkey, chopped celery, tomatoes, cheese, and taco sauce!
I see many more POWER MEALS in my future!


I hope you had a fun weekend! It certainly was gorgeous!


What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment