A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, August 12, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up - In PICTURES!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Happy Monday! Only one more Monday of summer vacation left. Two weeks from now, I will be back at work, teaching music to 5-10 year olds. I love, love, love, love summer, but I also like being on a schedule, so I can't say I'm not ready to go back. I feel like I'm not contributing to society in any sort of way during the summer...

I have a few things I want to do before summer is officially over!

1. Go to Knoebels! I love Knoebels. It seems like everyone went this week except ME!
2. Get in ONE more pool day. Let's see... I went swimming 5 times this summer. It needs to be six.
3. Spend a few mornings on the back porch with coffee... birds chirping... ahhhh BLISS!

Let's get to the wrap up! Today's wrap up will be done with pictures. Enjoy!


Friday was our 5 year anniversary! Paul got me this bamboo puzzle.
5 year = wood, so he was pretty pleased with himself!
The puzzle is really hard, I think it will take me another 5 years to figure it out!

I got Paul this super awesome coffee mug. 
He is really into America right now.
It's sort of an inside joke.

I think this is the first year we actually got each other presents for our anniversary!
I was under the impression we were just doing small things- you know, like a puzzle and a coffee mug.
But then Paul presented me with this...

Can you believe it!? Now, my old laptop was in pretty shoddy shape. 
The battery was broken, so it ALWAYS had to be plugged into and outlet. 
Also, the wi fi card was broken, so it had to be hooked to our router with an ethernet cable. 
What is the point of having a lap top if it always has to be plugged into stuff?
Well, he got this super good deal on a brand new lap top!
 It is last year's model, and they only had two left, so they had it on super sale. 
That made me feel better about the purchase!

As if the day couldn't get any better, my new protein powder came in the mail!
My new plan is to drink a cassein protein shake before bed each night.
I will explain why in a future blog post! Let's just say it has to do with getting RIPPED.

Random cat picture! I love my Chrissy Boy!

Time for a run! I did 7 miles- the longest I have run in weeks!
It was pretty humid out.

My new favorite post run replenishment- 2 c. milk, 1 scoop whey protein,
and a grahamful. Oh they are so delicious! It's two graham crackers with peanut butter in between. It reminds me of eating cocoa and grammies as a kid.

Our house hadn't been cleaned since before we went to Atlantic City, 
so let's just say there was cat hair galore and it was time to clean! 
It wasn't so bad though, because Randy got me paper towels as a belated birthday gift. 
(We gave up paper towels about a year ago, so having them really made cleaning
 the house more enjoyable!)

Next was a trip to Aldis to buy snacks for game night tomorrow!
Don't worry, that Diet Coke is for my GUESTS.

Whenever we go to Aldis, we make a cat condo out of the boxes. 
My cats LOVE boxes!

Something else came in the mail for me today! My ACE study materials!
Now it's time to get to work for real!
But not tonight because...

We celebrated our anniversary at Hollywood Casino.
I won a gift card for the Final Cut Steakhouse on WINK 104 a few months ago.
Time to cash it in!
Unfortunately it took just under an hour and a half to get there because 
there was an accident on 81. (Big surprise.)

So we were STARVING by the time we sat down.
This was the only shot of dinner I managed to get.
The food was delicious! Paul got salmon, I got scallops.
The cream of potato soup was the best we ever had!
The portions are very small. I had to eat from the bread basket to get full.


After dinner we watched horse race! There's a first time for everything!

My hottie husband!

Doesn't my hand look HUGE?

We took like 15 selfies. This is as good as it gets, unfortunately.

We didn't gamble at ALL, but did we see this funny slot machine.

Later that night I bought a muscle milk, but then realized I couldn't drink it because it contains sucralose. GOSH DARN IT ARE THERE ANY DRINKS WITHOUT FAKE SUGAR ANYMORE!!??


Since we didn't go to bed until after 5am on Friday night (technically Saturday morning),
I thought I would sleep in on Saturday.
 Nope! I woke up at 9:30am to do my normal morning "lounge" routine, and then did some studying.
Basic helped!

I was sort of planning to lift today, but then realized I didn't have a whole lot of time because we were hosting a game night later and I had a lot of things to do to prepare.
So instead, I did two intense Deck of Cards workouts in my carport and a tiny 7 minute circuit.
It took me 45 minutes to complete it all!
Here's what I did:

I was pretty hungry after this, so I slammed down a protein shake and continued moving.

I cleaned out the carport, did some weeding, trimmed the bushes, swept, and mowed the lawn.
All of that was a workout in itself!

Then I quickly showered and started preparing the game night food.
I tend to overdo it on the food for game nights but at this game night, people actually ate!

Emily and Jake made the trek from Millersburg!

Rachel and Bob made the trek from Middletown!

Bob brought lots of olive oil because he loves it! 

We got a little silly...

Paul and his bestie!

We had a BLAST. Back yard game night- woot woot!


Apparently Sunday was my morning to catch up on sleep! I slept until 1pm. Dang!

Jelly was tired too.

And Chrissy.

And Baser!

I haven't run any "long" miles in about 6 weeks. One of the reasons is because I was training for The Mile, which meant I was doing much shorter runs and workouts. Then after my race, I developed plantar fasciitis. When that went away, I started having knee pain. It was just one thing after another!
I didn't know if I could still run long! I wanted to put myself to the test and do one of my favorite 9 mile runs- complete with a TON of hills. The two biggest are Wharf and Moore's Mountain.
It was a GORGEOUS run!

Wharf Road

The Yellow Breaches

Look who posed for a picture for me!

I was pretty proud of myself for finishing the very challenging run without feeling too horrible. 
Unfortunately, I only managed an 8:30 pace. A few weeks ago I was running it around a 7:45 pace. 
Oh well, I'll get my mojo back!
I killed two birds with one stone. While I was running, I was also listening to my ACE notes which I dictated onto my mp3 player! Now I can study while I run and lift!

Later that night, I went to see the Oxymorons Improv Group perform at ABC Brewery in Harrisburg.
They are HILARIOUS, and tonight was no different!

Liz was John Wilkes Booth giving birth.

Randy and Liz "under the bed".

All the Morons! Sara, Randy, Liz, Josh, and Toby.

Until next weekend, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment