I have seen this survey on several blogs I follow and decided it was finally my turn to take a crack at it!
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
In the summer I usually have two breakfasts- one right when I wake up and one right before I workout. Today I had Special K Protein Plus cereal w/ skim milk for my first breakfast (and coffee!), and then oatmeal w/ whey protein powder and blueberries mixed in for my second breakfast. I love to wake up hungry and EAT. Yum!
Ever since I gave up fake sugar, I have been drinking a ton of water! 64oz+ I would say, but I never measured it exactly. It also depends on what kind of workout I do on a given day.
3. What is your current favorite workout?
It's so hard to pick because there are several things I love. I guess right now, I would have to go with weight training. I never thought I would like it, but I LOVE IT.
4. How many calories do you eat a day?
I aim for 1600, plus whatever I burn working out. So it usually is anywhere between 2000-2300. I am not trying to create a calorie deficit at this point.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
I'm more of a "mini meal" person than a "snack" person. But I will stick with the question. Fiber One Caramel Protein Bars, almonds, protein shakes... that's all I got. Like I said, I like small meals!
6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
In the summer, my lunch is my post workout meal. I eat around 400 calories of any combination of the following foods: chicken breast, protein shake, sweet potatoes, omelette, some sort of whole wheat bread, or Greek yogurt with fruit.
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
Hmmm... I guess biceps, because I don't know what else to do to isolate them except doing curls. If you have any ideas, let me know!
9. What are your "bad" food cravings?
Ice cream! And then afterwards I crave salt, so if there are buffalo pretzels in the house or Chex Mix (like there is now) I'm in trouble!
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
I usually have half a scoop of whey protein powder every day. I either make a shake or put it in my oatmeal.
11. Do you eat fast food?
No, I don't really crave it. If I want something like french fries I would rather have really good beer battered ones from a restaurant, not limp little fries from McDonald's or something.
12. Who is your biggest supporter?
Why my husband Paul, of course. I'm the luckiest gal in the world.
13. How often do you eat out?
We're cheap, so unless we're on vacation, maybe once or twice a month?
14. Do you have a gym membership?
Yep, Planet Fitness.
15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
Summer is so weird.... anywhere between 5-10! I get sleep deprived and then I catch up. When I'm on a more normal schedule during the school year, 7-8 hours each night.
16. Do you have a "cheat" day?
No, I incorporate "cheats" into every day.
17. Do you drink alcohol?
Yes. I used to drink a glass of wine each night, but nowadays it's my own cranberry-lime-vodka concoction. Did you know vodka has zero carbs!?
18. Do you have a workout buddy?
I have friends I run with, but nothing set in stone. Usually I do my own thing.
19. What is the best thing that has changed in your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?
I am stronger, my mind is clearer, and I obsess less! (But I still obsess sometimes!)
20. What is the last healthy thing you did?
I ate a yummy chicken-cranberry-almond salad!
Readers, what is the last healthy thing you did?