A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, April 10, 2015

Highlights from my Week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


It was a crazy, hectic week for this elementary music teacher, but it was also AWESOME! Here are some highlights from my week…


  • On Monday afternoon, I found myself able to go straight home after school and just do whatever I felt like doing! I didn’t have piano lessons and I didn’t have a client to train. It was weird! I ended up doing a lot of writing, starting a puzzle, and watching Survivor with Paul.
  • Tuesday morning was the first rehearsal the teachers had for our performance in the 3rd and 4th grade musical. The theme of the show this year was “Summer Double Dreamin’”, so the teachers performed Vacation by The Go Gos. I sent out all the material so they could rehearse on their own. I didn’t know what would happen when we all came together, but everyone looked AWESOME! They all learned their parts and just hopped right in. And I bet there are at least 15-20 staff members participating so far. It means a lot to me that they support the show and are just all around game to be silly and have fun!
  • I really effed up on Wednesday. My students were performing their musical on Thursday and it was to be recorded by a video-grapher. Except I told him the wrong day, and he showed up Wednesday instead of Thursday. I ROYALLY SCREWED UP. He was so gracious and cool about it though. His response? "Shit happens." What a guy! I was thankful for his graciousness!
  • And Thursday was the big day! My students were troopers. They had a long dress rehearsal in the morning, a show in the afternoon and a show in the evening. THEY WERE STARS!!!! I know they had a blast. I did too. I can't wait to talk to them tomorrow and tell them how awesome they were!!!! But for now... time to relax!
Tell me a highlight or two from your week!
Do you work with fun people?

15 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome, Meg. Way to go! I am sure you are very thankful that is all over--even fun things can add so much stress.

    Yes,I work w/ very fun people. I am only in the office 2x per week but even the folks I work w/ via phone are fun. Everyone is always laughing and it's why I have stayed doing what I do for 19 years!

    Pretty uneventful week but now the weekend! We have tickets to see the Denver Nuggets game on Saturday afternoon w/ my sister & nephew. I am sure they will lose BUT I get to hang out and watch live sports w/ a beer, hotdog and my favorite people so that will put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you work with fun people too! You HAVE to have fun in the work place. I mean even with the stressful stuff, it is fun to have good natured people around who will laugh with you- because sometimes if you don't laugh, you'll cry!

      You know what, I think even I would enjoy a sports game if there were hot dogs and alcohol involved. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the show!!! How exciting! I remember doing Grease one year in elementary school and thought that was SO MUCH FUN. All of us girls had our moms make us poodle skirts and the guys all wore jeans and white t-shirts and had packs of those candy cigarettes rolled up into their sleeves! (Isn't it crazy that they used to sell candy cigarettes to kids?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot believe you guys used candy cigarettes in an elem. show!!!! Times sure have changed. I work with people who remember when they were allowed to smoke in the teacher's lounge at work. Can you imagine?

      I was in Grease in HS but it was done by a community theater. It was one of my favorite shows growing up, so being in it was a dream come true!

      Delete
  3. Congrats! I hope you got some footage of the show so that we can see! I bet the kids had so much fun!!!
    I started giving piano lessons too. So far so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get footage BUT I don't think I can post it. I think if a parent posts a video though, then I could share their video. :)

      So you are teaching piano lessons or taking piano lessons?

      Delete
  4. It sounds like everything is going well at school and with your kiddos. All of that hard work is paying off - glad to see you so excited!

    Are you watching the current season of Survivor too, or are you still taking it season by season?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watching the current season right now as well as Exile Island. Who do you like this season??? There are so many people I am "meh" about. Here is my rundown of who is left...

      Rodney- very entertaining to watch and laugh at.
      Dan- same as Rodney. I don't want them to win but I like laughing at how horrible they are. And their lack of self awareness
      Joe- meh
      Shirin- annoying
      Sierra- meh
      Tyler and Carolyn- I am WATCHING these too and hope they do well
      Mike- I enjoy him
      Jenn- CAN'T STAND THE GIRL
      Will- meh

      Who am I missing!?

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great week! I LOVED those musical performance things when I was in elementary school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) And now I am old and still get to do them!

      Delete
  6. I'm sure you're so proud of your kids! It's funny to me when teachers make scheduling mistakes...we have SO MUCH on our minds!! I'm glad the videographer was cool about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do! But that was a big thing to screw up. He was way nicer than he had to be.

      Delete
  7. Wow, You must have been so relieved when he was super chill about it! I probably would have had a panick attack....that also sounds like something I would do. That would be so awesome to see the kids work so hard and then have a grea show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. All my colleagues told me to not worry about it and we all screw up. I couldn't relax until I knew he was cool though.

      Delete
  8. So awesome that so many of the teachers/staff support you and participate - that makes things so much more fun!
    Sounds like you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete