A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, April 13, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I know I am happy every time Friday arrives, but this week, I feel like I was especially happy!
And according to the 1st graders, there are only 39 more days of school until SUMMER VAY-CAY! I didn't even tell you about the vay-cay we have planned, did I?
I will fill you in on that later. Here is what I was up to this weekend...


I was so tired on Friday from our elementary rehearsals and shows. I slept in and took a rest day. It was much needed. I told myself all I needed to do was make it through the work day and then I could go home and eat carbs, finish my puzzle (that I didn't have time to work on all week) and watch Survivor with Paul. When the bell rang at 3:40, I hopped in my car and headed home to my boys!

A relaxing night of puzzling. It was everything I dreamed it would be!


I had the craziest dreams on Friday night. I now take sleeping pills to help me sleep at night. They work really well in the fact that if I wake up in the middle of the night, I am able to fall right back asleep. I love it. But I think they put me into REM so quickly that I do a lot more dreaming than normal. Anyway, I had a lot of catching up on sleep to do so I didn't roll out of bed until 10am on Saturday. That is unheard of for me, yet SPECTACULAR!

I didn't feel like working out, but I forced myself to go to the gym and lift.

Then we went on a disc golf/shopping date... I dropped Paul off at the DG course and I had some retail therapy!

My man, ready to hit the DG course!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

These are the shoes I got. I know they are controversial in that they are kind of ugly but I like them anyway. And they were only $10.

Later that night I started a 1000 piece puzzle! This will be my biggest one to date!
I have only ever done 550 piece puzzles.
As you can tell, there is a lot of sorting to be done before any pieces are even put together...

For dinner we grilled turkey burgers, corn on the cob, and a mix of peppers, mushrooms, and onions.

Dessert was angel food cake. We love when the top gets burned and then you can peel it off and eat the burned part. Did you know that burned angel food cake tastes AMAZING?



Late Saturday night I started to feel really sick. Sore throat and headache. Story of my life. Sleep was restless, and it was one of those things where I felt better when I pulled my butt out of bed because it made the drainage stop and my throat hurt less. Still, I was lethargic and my hair hurt. Ugh.

I was not looking forward to going to the Harrisburg Senator's baseball game that afternoon, but I had to because my 4th grade choir was singing God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch. I felt like poo, but at least it was warm out. I did what I do every year... roll up during the 6th innning and leave right after they are done singing. I told you, I hate sports.



When I was walking back to my car, I had to snap this picture. You know how I always complain about PA drivers... especially pick up truck drivers? Well, the reason I hate them is all summed up in the picture...


"Hi! I drive a pick up truck, and I can park anywhere I want. I can even squeeze my truck halfway into a ditch and I can do that because I AM SO AWESOME BECAUSE I DRIVE A TRUCK!"


Paul grilled me chicken for the week. I was seriously getting sick of chicken for awhile there, but now with the grill, I have a new love of it!

On Sunday evening I just got done sorting my 1,000 piece puzzle and started working on the edges.

Jelly poses dangerously close to my sorted piles...

I didn't mention it but we also watched 9 episodes of Survivor this weekend. HAHA, not lying!
 
What do you think of the shoes? Ugly or stylish? (You won't hurt my feelings, I am on the fence myself!)
Do you like going to baseball games?

19 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling much better today! BTW, what sleeping pills are you taking to help you sleep now? We have a Rx for ambien (it's Ricks but I think I end up using it more) that sometimes we take 1/2 of one and it's amazing. Only really take it about 2 or 3 x per month, but it's just so effective!

    Good luck on the puzzle. I had gotten one for Rick that "took him down" (aka he could not finish it and brought it to his brother who was able to!!). I know you can do it.

    I do like the shoes. I think they would look cute w/ some black capris, a nice white t shirt and a pop of color necklace! But I am no fashionista so who knows!?!

    Um, yeah, you know I love me some sports! We actually got tix to the Colorado Eagles hockey game Friday (for free). I don't love hockey but it's fun to go (the arena is in our town so super close). Plus I knew we would go out for Mexican food and there would be cocktails involved. Then, as you know, we spent yesterday afternoon at the Nuggets game. And now really can't wait for the weather to be super nice so we can go see the Rockies! I can't help it....I just love sports :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is hilarious- a puzzle "took Rick down" hahaha. I got "taken down" during my last 1000 piece attempt. I had sorted everything and the pieces were in organized tupperware containers and I couldn't even get the EDGES together. That's how hard it was. Paul walked in and said, "Good job babe! That looks hard with all the snowflakes." I go, "You're right, it is hard. I give up." He's like NOOOOO I was trying to pump you up. I laughed. It was okay. I was never gonna finish it.

      Delete
    2. Oh I forgot to tell you the pills I use. It is just an over the counter sleep aid that has 25mg of diphenhydramine. 50mg tablets make me a zombie all day. 25mg makes me fall back asleep right away if I get waken at night. When my alarm goes off, I don't want to get up- I never wake up feeling like it is time to get up. BUT once I am UP I feel fine. So it is working for now. In less than 2 months it will be summer and I will try to not take them. I think without work I will have less anxiety and will be able to fall back asleep when woken up in the middle of the night from Paul snoring or the cats scratching...

      Delete
  2. One swish of the tail and those pieces could be all over the place! I'd be soo nervous after sorting the piles!

    Controversial fashion choices are IN you just have to own it! I know you don't follow sports but Russell Westbrook has some unique fashion and he totally owns it... like this: https://instagram.com/p/vUxsTyiiPM/?taken-by=russwest44 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang that suit makes my shoes look like NOTHING!

      Delete
  3. It is spring Vacay here and we are going to open up a puzzle on the dining room table for everyone to work on...I am going to try and control myself. I have a habit of not leaving the room until it is finished!
    That is fun that the kids got to sing the national anthem. My girls did for a hockey game and they LOVED it.
    I like the shoes--I have always liked crazy shoes. Probably because the rest of my outfits are so boring...
    Disc golf--do you need a certain type of Frisbee or anything to play? I am thinking this would be a good outing for the kids, while they have break this week, and public schools do not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are special discs for disc golf. Just like there are different clubs for "real" golf, there are discs called putters, drivers, etc. They are different weights than a real frisbee.

      Delete
  4. They are really comfy! They are Airwalks. Paul made fun of them. Oh well, what does he know? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How does Jelly not swipe all the puzzle pieces off the table? I would think that it would be a cat's dream come true! :) I love burnt cheese but have never had burnt angel food cake. BTW, tomorrow is free cone day at Ben and Jerry's. I seem to remember you love ice cream so I thought I should mention it. :) I don't mind sports too much, but I've never been a fan of baseball..ever! I'm more of a hockey fan to watch and beach volleyball of course to play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, he is just like TESTING me right? Laying right there by all those piles... Thanks for letting me know about free Ben and Jerry's! I do love ice cream but we don't have Ben and Jerry's stores around here. :( Paul just got into watching hockey this year. He goes to Hershey Bears games with his buds. I stay home, of course. :)

      Delete
  6. I have never pre-sorted all the pieces. I usually go through and pull out all the edges then go through and pick another group.
    I do like baseball and other sports.
    Umm...I drive a big pick-up!!! But I don't park like a jerk:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you! There is something about PENNSYLVANIAN pick up drivers. They ride your ass and park wherever they want to.

      Delete
  7. Yes, I agree with Mr. Spammer above. Truly speaking this is absolutely superb work. :)

    We have only 20 school days left. It's unbelievable. And you amaze me with your puzzle-doing... I don't have the attention span for puzzles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow only 20 days!? I bet you are so ready to be done and the kids too. :) Do you start really early?

      Delete
  8. I'm counting down to summer break, too! It's funny because I love my job but I love the time off. I think teachers really work themselves to zero-capacity by the end of the year and we just need the summer to recharge!

    My sister has weird dreams if she eats cheese before bed. I always love hearing about them haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is the problem. Like today, I had duty in the morning, no break all day besides my half hour lunch, then I drove straight home after work to teach 6 piano lessons. And I know that's how a lot of teachers are- no breaks all day, then go to a second job or home to take care of their OWN kids. I too like my job but I also like to lay around and do nothing. :)

      Delete
  9. I feel like I am finally catching up on like 80,000 blogs that I missed while I was on my adventure last week. I hope you are feeling much better! I have an actual countdown on my white board at school until the year is over. Nine more weeks......

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some really interesting blog posts on here! Glad I found it! I’m following you…Check out my blog if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. comment: Thank you to tell us so much useful information. I’m glad to read it. for more details you can go to below link…
    herbal incense

    ReplyDelete