A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, April 20, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

For me, the week flew by! I was busy, but it was a good busy. 
Here's what we were up to this weekend...


I went for a beautifully warm/dreary WALK on Friday morning. I missed my walks!

Work was... work. I had to say, “I asked you to be quiet, please.” about 100 times. Ah, PSSA week... It's not their fault they're bursting with energy!

After work I walked to the bank to deposit more money than I should be carrying in my cat purse. Luckily, I wasn't dressed in a way that would call attention to myself...


Yup, walkin' and eating a sandwich.

That evening, we went to our friend Randy's place for a game night. We got to meet some new people and had a ton of fun! Unfortunately, I did not take a single picture! What is wrong with me!?

As I was getting ready to go out, I put some body lotion on my arms that had sparkles in it. Soon after, I remembered I was 32 and washed it off.


Saturday started out wonderful because my dad and I met at the top of Peter's Mountain for a run on the Appalachian Trail. It was great to spend time with my dad doing something we both love! He just got back into running and Saturday's run was his longest yet! It was also my longest in almost a year (time wise, not distance wise). We ran for almost two hours, and believe me, I felt like I had run for two hours! It was quite hot, my lower back ached from getting my period the night before, and I didn't bring water with me. I'm STUPID!


But things went downhill when I got home. I found out some really bad news. It's not about Paul's health or anything that I have ever talked about on my blog. But it was devastating news and I have a feeling I will be trying to process and make sense of it for awhile. It kind put a damper on the rest of the evening, so we downloaded a new season of Survivor to watch in efforts to cheer ourselves up.



Instead of sleeping and lounging the day away and not facing reality like I wanted to, I got up and FACED THE DAY. I worked out at a nearby Planet Fitness that I have never been to before. Wow, it is a lot fancier than the one I go to. There's also a lot of windows, which makes it extremely bright. However, I will probably stick to the gym I am used to. I am a creature of habit.

I forgot my gloves and today was back day. Pull ups and rows were so painful!!!

After that, I putzed around the mall for awhile. I am looking for the following items for spring/summer:

1. The perfect pair of black sunglasses.
2. A casual purse/bag.
3. Bikini. UGH.

I went to Old Navy, and even though I tried on about 6 items, nothing worked. It was either made oddly or was made of really cheap fabric you could practically see through. Nothing ever fits me at Old Navy. Their running shorts used to, but now they stopped putting draw strings in them. And (SHOCKER!) since my body is not the exact size of the shorts, they don't fit.


I wish I could watch the Boston Marathon on Monday, but alas, I have to work! However, I wanted to wish everyone running it a wonderful Marathon Monday!

 
Are you watching the marathon today?
What do you think of Old Navy?
Tell me something fun about your weekend!

16 comments:

  1. For me, Old Navy is hit or miss. But you can't beat the price! I had a few items I got there last year but quickly realized why there were so cheap. I won't be watching today but hopefully following along on twitter when I have time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the price is awesome, but what gets me is even if a shirt is $10, is it worth it to only wear it 3-4 times and then it is a stretched out rag?

      Delete
  2. That is so wonderful to run w/ your dad, Megan! Looks very nice. Sorry you had some bad news this weekend. I'm thinking of you. I think Old Navy is hit or miss and I tend not to shop there anymore. Last fall I had really good luck at H & M and this spring I found like 8 new tops at Forever 21 (I am hardly forever 21....more than double that!!). My next items to look for are some capri pants. I have some but they are getting old so I am on a quest to find some cute ones. I would way rather bathing suit shop than jeans shop!! Our weekend was great--family party (Rick's family) on Friday night, lunch + movie on Saturday & church + brunch Sunday. I am working remotely today so I may try to put the race on. It's pretty exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you get to put the race on! I definitely would if I could. I have gotten some cute stuff at H&M as well! As far as Forever 21- I definitely feel like an old lady in there haha BUT you can't beat their jewelry deals!

      Delete
    2. I did watch quite a bit of it. Saw the men's and women's winners. And Meb--did you see what he did when he crossed the finish line? What a class act!

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear about your bad news. I really hope you are coping OK :(...I obviously don't know what you are going through, but devastating news of any kind can make going on with everyday routine and responsibilities so challenging. Hang in there...

    I have gotten some things from Old Navy, and although the prices always make me excited, I think the clothes are cheaply made and fall apart/lose shape quickly. I am not a huge fan, but then again I rarely buy clothes from anywhere!

    Didn't have time to watch the Boston Marathon today, but I would have loved to.

    Sorry I don't have something exciting to tell you about the weekend, but it was more of the same stuff. I am quite boring and like my routine ;) Although the weather was spectacular and the warmest yet this year. Made the outdoor activities even that much more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Eugenia!

      We had great weather this weekend too. It did not match my mood though, so i had a hard time enjoying it!

      Delete
  4. I hate Old Navy! I have never found a piece of clothing from there that fit right - not when I was at my smallest or biggest or anything in between. I have no idea who designs their proportions but they were not created with me in mind!

    Your poor hands! Mine look more or less like that right now too since I didn't bring clothes with me on the cruise. They look gross but I am a disgusting person and love picking at the skin. o_O

    I am really sorry to hear that you got bad news that really bummed you out. I hope it's only temporary and that good news follows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I brought clothes with me on the cruise!

      Gloves... I forgot to bring gloves!!!

      Definitely had clothes!

      Delete
    2. I am sorry your hands look like mine! Clearly those are not new callouses- I still get callouses even though I wear gloves. They were just aggravated A LOT from not having the gloves on. Owwy!!!

      I don't know WHO Old Navy fits. You are spot on about the proportions!

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear about your bad news on Saturday - hope everything is OK!!!
    Old Navy is hit or miss for me - I never wear the same size in anything there.
    And, I watched the last 5 minutes of the elite men after cleaning the venue this morning before a couple of afternoon meetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I bet seeing those guys run for 5 min inspired you to hop on the treadmill!

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear that you got some bad news! I hope things are a little better now. You and your dad are so cute. I actually did watch some of the marathon and I saw some people from here. They were wearing our local track jersey, and I got really excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that is cool you actually saw them on TV!!!

      Delete
  7. I would love to run with my dad someday. He's definitely not a runner, but introducing him or my mom to a 5k would be amazing.

    I cut the drawstrings out of my shorts...is that weird?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is weird! :) But... I've cut the underwear lining out of shorts before hahaha!

      Delete