A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Tag, you're IT! (Running Favorites)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A couple days ago, Kristina and Ali tagged me to share some of my running favorites! I haven’t been running lately, so now finally you get a running post!


Favorite Running Place

I really enjoy my neighborhood runs in the morning! I know it’s not super exciting, but I love listening to my pod casts and enjoy some alone time before most of the world wakes up.

Our own little house in our own little neighborhood.
Old picture. There is no snow in PA right now!

Time of Day

If it’s a week day, first thing in the morning. If it’s the weekend, then I like to go about 2 hours after I wake up… whenever that is.

Ideal Weather

After this winter, anything above 20 degrees is fine with me! But if I am being picky, I would say 45-50 degrees and sunny.

Fuel

On weekdays, just some coffee and water is fine with me since I am going first thing. If it is the weekend and I am going a couple hours after waking up, then coffee, water, and a big bowl of shredded wheat really fuels me!



Rewards

After a long run, I love watching Dateline while stretching. Then I take a long hot shower (long for me is 5 minutes), and eating whatever I crave. After my 2 hour trail run with my dad last week, I had Lucky Charms! Well, they were the generic kind- Magic Marshmallows- but same difference!


This is an old picture... 
I guess it was from back when I was drinking diet soda on the reg!

And I am adding my own question since these questions are very vanilla… (Dan Savage reference… you like that, Ali!?)

Underwear or No Underwear?

No underwear! If my shorts have underwear lining that is fine, but I would never ever wear straight up underwear to workout. GROSS!

I would like to tag Karen, Hannah, and Rachel to share some of their running favorites!

And while I'm thinking of it... is this true or what!?


 
Where is your favorite place to run? How do you like to reward yourself after a long/hard run?

20 comments:

  1. Your house is adorable! Glad the snow is gone. I love posts like this as we get to know you even better :) I do love running in my 'hood but I get bored so I believe I would like to run on the bike path that goes through our town but have promised Rick that I won't (it could potentially be unsafe because it is secluded and I run in the dark). When I get done running/rowing I always make a very large cup of decaf w/ almond milk and do my weights. That is my first treat but after the shower then a huge bowl of oatmeal w/ apples, nuts, flaxseed & cinnamon is what I really look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your breakfast sounds really yummy! I used to eat oatmeal all the time but it just does not fill me up anymore. I'm sure all your toppings help.

      Delete
    2. Yes, all the toppings help! Plus it's a huge bowl. I put in 2/3 cup dry oats which ends up making a lot and w/ all the nuts, flaxseed it is filling (plus, I have already eaten my eggs + guacamole + fruit pre-run)!

      Delete
  2. I don't like marshmallows! When I was a kid I was everyone's best friend at breakfast because I picked them out of my lucky charms and gave them to everyone else.

    My top reward after a long run is a nap, but I also like a long shower too. No matter how hot it is outside I always take a super hot shower afterwards! Actually I always take super hot showers no matter what. The other day Adam pointed out that sometimes my forehead gets beads of sweat on it after I take a shower because I am so hot from it! Oh well, it feels so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny you sweat from your showers. :) Feels so refreshing though, I'm sure!

      Delete
  3. I would love to have a neighborhood to run it. Sadly I live in a cul de sac so I would just be running in circles. No fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like 45-50 and sunny too! I don't usually eat anything before I run during the week either...if Im waiting a bit after I wake up then I usually have at least a banana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We prob like the same weather since we're from the same neck of the woods. :) Hey hope you are doing okay down there in B-more. We are going down Thurs to the hospital and I am a little nervous because of the violence.

      Delete
  5. So you know how I missed Pop Tarts so badly when I was diagnosed with Celiac? Lucky Charms used to be a cheat food for me! They're technically GF because they're just oats, but they're probably cross-contaminated in processing. I haven't had them in YEARS now but they were always such a weakness for me!!!

    You can buy just the mini marshmallows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my colleagues bought me the mini marshmallows! I used to add them to normal lucky charms to make them extra marshmallowy. I am sorry you can't have Lucky Charms. :( DOESN'T IT FREAKING PISS YOU OFF ALL THE PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY CAN'T HAVE GLUTEN CAUSE IT MAKES THEM FART A LITTLE BIT???

      Delete
    2. YES! Like seriously, enjoy that stuff because I certainly would be SWIMMING in it if I could!!

      Delete
  6. Haha that is what hubbys are for! Can't wait to read your post. Don't worry we will be safe. Zip into the parking garage and walk across the indoor bridge to the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do people actually wear underwear when they work out? That's weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. I will wear them on a walk but that is where I draw the line!

      Delete
  8. Oh, I love Lucky Charms (although I haven't had them in years) - I used to eat the crunchy part first and save all the marshmallows - tasty!!
    Umm...I wear underwear to work out:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks for sharing! Only you and Cassie had the guts to share yay/nay on the underwear issue!

      Delete
  9. Yes I agree with the marshmallow bowl equaling a perfect world! Someone told me you can buy just the marshmallows at a bulk barn store around here. I have to check that out for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's the kind of place they sell just the marshmallows around here too. :)

      Delete
  10. Thank you for tagging me! Maybe it will get me off my ass and blog! ;-) Even though I haven't been running much either. My friend who I run with a lot these days eats Lucky Charms before every race. They helped her PR at Boston last week.

    ReplyDelete